Calex Express....My New Home!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Thanks pal. I am loading in South Bay and will be going up 95 to Washington then up to Lancaster. Be safe yourself, I take it your in the busy season.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL

I will be sure and give Mort a call 1st thing in the morning. Thanks alot or the information. I'll mention the blog and that i have talked to you. It sure is hard finding a good company in this area. Have several yrs experience and clean record, but alot of companies say that same thing, bad in your area.

4. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Well the busy season is basically all year round for us with the exception of June, and July as that's when all the students are off campus. Those 2 months are a real test of will, very long days just to keep up our average but it all works out in the end, I'm able to make a pretty decent living and be home at night and off weekends and continue to live in Florida. I know it's rough on so many in this state, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else and am just thankful to have a pretty decent gig going here, I'm sure you can relate.

5. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I fully understand. I've followed your blog since the beginning and look foward to your entries. It's good to hear someone elses daily grind.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  6. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I see you live in Riverview, my ex and daughter live there. We have about 5 of us that live between central and south Florida. We all run home on a weekly basis except for Garylobo and myself who run the west coast every 3-5 weeks. Calex is a small enough company to deal with you on a first name basis. If you should get hired on it will be part driving record and part first impression when you initially call. They will check you out, drug test you near your house and road test you with a driver that will be delivering near you. When they tell you to come to Pittston you have a job. This isn't like any of the other companies that keep you hanging through orientation. They will either fly you up or get you picked up by another driver. Orientaion is very small, usually just yourself. Good luck and let me know if you need any questions answered.

7. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL

I will sure keep that in mind about the first impression is very important. Have spent some time reading alot of your past post and they have been very interesting and helpful. Good to know that they won't mess around keeping you hanging around orientaion. Have no problem with the west coast. Used to run team out there every week. Thanks alot for the help.

8. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Well I'm at the Petro in Scranton after getting empty in Leola Pa. this morning. I got to the terminal around noon, got my truck serviced, had new steer tires put on and now am waiting for my reload info.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  9. cant_wait_2_retire

cant_wait_2_retire Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2010
    philly
    I saw a Calex tractor towing another Calex tractor up I-476 in PA last Saturday evening, I thought that was strange looking as he passed me in my slow ### truck as I to was bobtailing northbound.

10. rhino514

rhino514 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Hop Bottom , Pa.
    thay was prob the truck of one dmp broke down in jersey i think in bordentown from what he has told me getting a new engine cracked the head over the summer when the clutch fan kept breaking and overheated it too many times....

11. rhino514

rhino514 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Hop Bottom , Pa.
    Just wanted to say hi.. hope all is well with everyone.... totally enjoying my new job forgot what it is like to be paid by the hour and get ot pay.... its nice to get paid for the time i work and not by the mile... anyone in northern pa with a tanker endorsement i encourage looking into the natural gas boom up here ... these gas companys are handing money out like it is nothng to them..... i know it wont last forever but with the econemy the way it is take what you can get when it is there.... be safe out there

garylobo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.