can’t sleep on cpap

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by crazybread, Oct 16, 2017.

1. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Best answer ever! Put your Cpap on for 4hrs a day while driving. I know of several driver who do this, because they can not get comfortable enough to fall a sleep with it on. Granted these guys all run night shift, but it works for them & keeps the Dr & ins co off their butts.

I realize this defeats the purpose, but lets face it Sleep apnea is witch craft doctory anyway!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Mask reminds me of...Sea Hunt / Lloyd Bridges.. FB_IMG_1524088514039.jpg

Puppage Thanks this.
  4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    A bigger lie there never was. Fool, that’s what you are.

5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Can't call it witch doctory. I know way too many people truck drivers and none drivers with it. They sleep better with the CPAP. What is the true witch doctory is how drivers are being screwed over with these so called guidelines and nothing is really wrong, except a crooked medical examiner has invested in a sleep lab.

Puppage Thanks this.
  6. peterbilt1999

peterbilt1999 Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2018
    check this for answers and supply snoozeclinic.com he is in Goshen and Mishawaka,in

7. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    I am one of those. During my sleep study I stopped breathing for 43 seconds a minute. What that does to your internal organs is NOT witch craft, it’s pure science. And how do I feel now? Incredible.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    When the sleep apnea thing first started affecting us drivers, I raised h--l about it. I still think that there are a lot of examiners on the cpap pad. Especially big ones like Concentra. But during this time because my wife asked me to, I had a sleep study and was surprised how often I stopped breathing during the night. I have been on a bipap for 9 months now and it was a struggle for the first 5 or 6 months. But now I sleep lees hours and feel more rested than I have in years. If anyone even thinks they could have sleep apnea you could be saving your own life by getting tested for it and doing so outside of the scope of a dot physical.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.