Can anyone tell me if FREIGHTBROKERBOOTCAMP is a scam or is it legit?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Barryd, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Curious,,,you are a new arrival. What do you intend to do for shippers and carriers that are different or better than the "other guy"? I can't imagine people who have long established relationships switching just for the hell of it...

My son started as a broker for one of the big boys yrs ago. In order to service his customers he had to learn not only trucking,,( but different divisions like van,refer,flatbeds,over dimensional,bulk,tanker,hazmat) but also different needs of the business. Add in additional issues like air cargo,ocean container,rail, you will soon figure you could easily get in over your head. Oh yes customs can be a whole deal by itself.

At one time during my driving career I also thought all I needed was a fax,phone, and a couple yellow pages from big cities and I would be set...then I saw how the other side really works...no thanks.
    today he is doing well,,paid far to much for what a kid his age should make,,lol but that's ok,,just because he is smarter than his dad I guess it's ok,, Good Luck with your new business ? Share your website with us, you just never know...Peace brother.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pahrump

Pahrump Medium Load Member

Scam,,save your money

4. deviouseve

deviouseve Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Gulf Coast
    seems to me that at least if you are working at a company you are getting paid in stead of you having to pay out to get the same training.

case in point. i was a manager for a high end salon, i decided to go to school --- turns out i learned more on the job than i did in school and i learned it the right way. with me being new to brokering, i would rather work for someone than take a training class and then have to learn it all over the right way in the real world. but i have noticed that if you work for a "big box" company be careful of non-competes -- they are #### near impossible to get out of.

Joe Dan Thanks this.
  5. Shabrena

Shabrena Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Hi there! How did Taltoa do for you? What package did you get? Did you learn a lot, was it worth the money?

6. BrokeringBad

BrokeringBad Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Shab, you are a necromancer, because you have raised this thread.......from the dead.

7. Shabrena

Shabrena Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Oh man, tell me about it!
    I thought I was sending a private message to someone, I guess not! My bad!

8. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    Has anyone used Ted Keys? I've watched his videos, listened to his podcasts, and read his blog. He offered me a position, but I am having trouble giving my notice to a $16/hr local job.

I've checked with a few (8) other brokers, but they all want you to bring $5k-10k into the office before you start.

Ted is willing to train, bit it's all commission.

9. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Never take money in order to work somewhere. Your only investment should be a nice lunchbox/thermos and maybe a headset.
    Mechanics are requiring their own basic tools are different,
    Good luck.

MissYvonnesTransport Thanks this.
  10. River-driver

River-driver Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    So some like TALTOA, and some like LOADTRAINING headquartered in AZ, and others say don't waste your money...just find a broker to train ya while getting paid to work.

Anybody want to weigh in? Slowdog, or Barry are you guys still out there. Did slowdog go to toltoa, did Barry go to loadtraining...care to share?

11. Lu305

Lu305 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I think this thread died last year might want to start a new one

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.