Careless driving in my personal vehicle. Will it effect getting hired.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Pork Chop Express, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, that's it.

Pork Chop Express Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pork Chop Express

Pork Chop Express Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2015
    What kind of attorney will fight tickets like this? Thank u

4. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Thats why you pay an attorney. Without CDL work you can't make much. You could make back in a week what an attorney would charge to work on your ticket and keep your job or get a new one. Bad move man.

Pork Chop Express Thanks this.
  5. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I used an attorney for an Alabama ticket last year, and although it was a bit of investment of not only time but money as well, it was the best thing I could have done for myself. I felt justified in my stance on the circumstances but knew it would take hiring a lawyer to help me make things right, and they did.

6. Pork Chop Express

Jul 30, 2015
    Hey. USA turned me down because of the ticket...just wanted to update u..thx

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    How did they get you for careless driving in a parking lot?

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  8. Pork Chop Express

Jul 30, 2015
    ...lol...had my phone in my hand with my window down. I didn't think they would have authority...but my smart mouth probably didn't help

9. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Not to lecture, but this may not be the profession for you, at least right now. Anger issues and an ugly traffic violation is not a good audition. You have to really have tons of self control, because you are going to get wronged every day out there, and you have to ignore it. Good luck.

10. Pork Chop Express

Jul 30, 2015
    Lol...I've been driving almost 17 years...but I did make a mistake that day... I take what u said as right on too

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  11. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Pay an attorney to look at it,

I think in Georgia the only tickets that cops can write on private property are DUI and handicap parking violations
    if thats the case you might get it reversed, but if you have already pled guilty, that might be impossible , but if it was on private property im pretty sure the cop has no jurisdiction to write any ticket except the two i mentioned.

and in the future, ALWAYS have an attorney handle any traffic ticket.

the only ticket I didnt hire an attorney for , and just mailed in a check, was when I fell asleep in a bobtail and hit a police car.
    the cop that was in the car only wrote me a ticket for failure to maintain lane.

also in Georgia, I dont know about other states, the cops can not make a trafic stop in an unmarked car, it has to have 6 inch high reflective letters, and you can also whe you show up for court, or maybe before, but I always go in person, you can request that the case be bound over to state court,

by having it bound over to state court, you get a prosecutor and judge that work for the state, not the podunk berg that desperately wants the revenue, also the cop can no longer predict when the court date will be and the court date might be on the cops day off or something and he wont show up, in which case you can ask for it to be dismissed,

and if you do get convicted, the fine doesnt go to the podunk town , the fie goes to the state.
    but its easier to just hire a lawyer and let them handle it, and usually always the lawyer can get it reduced to a lesser charge.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.