Cattle hauling. Do you need a Mc number

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Bad habitz, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Bad habitz

Bad habitz Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2024
    Hey guys, so I’ve read so many different things and been told so many different things. What all exactly do you need to be legal for hauling cows. Most of the guys I know just have dot numbers no mc or kyu. We only run dot numbers where im at now. But what else is needed to be legal looking into getting my own truck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    You need to have a USDOT number, that is exempt for hire. You still need the KYU, HUT, and seems like another state or 2 have their own little thing. You need the truck tagged commercially with IFTA etc. If you’re hauling rodeo stock you need an MC number. It makes a difference.

Most want Hartford on cargo they won’t touch progressive cargo usually.

Bad habitz, Long FLD and Suspect Zero Thank this.
  4. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Do I need to pull into the weigh station when hauling the wife around, she's also a cow :oops:

5. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    No, but extra fifth wheel grease (for both sides of her hips) throw some of her favorite candy bars on the floorboard and get behind her and push real hard--she should fit thru the door. Now then, getting her out of the cab is a different story. Might need the jaws of life for that procedure. Don't feel like you're the only one though. My old girlfriend used to have to use our whole 2 car driveway-to iron her jeans. And if she was standing between you and the sun-you'd swear there was a solar eclipse!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.