CB Power Amp Punks

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by bbmyls2go, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Turbo-T

Turbo-T Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    Nope Mikey I'm not too familiar with OCD, I'm sure you must be with all the anger in your post. I'm sure you must also be a homo as noted by your capitalization and emphasis of the word "butt" in your mis spelling of "buddies".

Go back and re read the posts? Ok I don't see ONE time I said anything about running a 102 whip on a big truck. Not one. If you think you can find one, or if you just want to make up stuff (as usual) feel free to point it out. In fact had you been able to comprehend ANYTHING, you would have noticed I might have said to "run the right antenna", that doesn't always mean a 102 whip b/c a 102 is not feasible on anything other than maybe a pick up truck, that means to run the best tallest antenna you can for the best gain. Not those little 2 foot Firesticks I see some people with who have to question why they can't get out past a 1/2 mile. Never once have I ever posted anything about how you should run a 102 on a big truck.

And sorry you are obviously the one who doesn't know a thing about radio. Just because you might use one on a daily basis does not automatically make you a radio guru. I've gotten quite a few thanks from people who I have helped with their radio problems. No I'm not a guru by any means but I've at least taken the time to learn something about it (by studying no less) other than how to key up and talk. You on the other hand choose to be ignorant and uneducated, listening to hearsay from other unknowledgeable people, then try and knock someone down who tries to help others.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. captw900

captw900 Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2011
    buffalo,Ny
    As far as 2 wips why two the cb is analog. Am band in all of my years I've never seen a am radio station with 2 antennas only one the other antenna dosnot hook to the back of the radio for receiving. The only reason I see for a truck to have 2 antennas is for balance you know so the truck sits level only one antenna would make it sit off to one side after a while.

4. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    :biggrin_2554: What :biggrin_2554:

What does analog have to do with it .....

roshea Thanks this.
  5. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    Since when did truckers turn into a bunch of cry babies?

Turbo-T Thanks this.
  6. dloving8915

dloving8915 Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Dallas, Texas

But dykes don't provide a short to smoke the output. The straight pin is more fun

7. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

You incoming and outgoing signal can be blocked depending on the truck and trailer, thus the need for two antennas on a truck.

In most cases a single antenna is better but there are cases were two antennas work better. I usually pull a tall trailer with alot of steel in its construction. Running a single antenna causes problems. I am fine running straight down the road but once start going around a curve or something then I loose contact with the person behind me because the trailer blocks the signal. When running cophased or dual antennas, this is not an issue.

I don't seem to gain or loose any distance between either setup. If I loose anything it MIGHT be towards the sides, this may be because of the theory that cophased antennas create an oval or egg shapped transmission pattern which supposedly gives you a stronger singnal forward and rear but takes away some signal to the sides. I don't know if this theory is true or not, never had someone with an analyzer to test the theory.

What I do know is that my setup works just as well using a single as it does using a dual or cophased setup, depending on what trailer I am pulling.

For a short period, I pulled some bulk oil tanks to be delivered in the western part of the state. I was running a single phased antenna and I was having issues with signal loss. The issues when away when I went back to cophased.

Attached Files:

8. kc0iv

kc0iv Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Parkville, Mo
    Check out: http://www.bellscb.com/cb_radio_hobby/antennas/antarray.html

It shows every different patterns.

Leon
    (kc0iv)

josh.c Thanks this.
  9. captw900

captw900 Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2011
    buffalo,Ny
    Well there you go the analog thing is that it shouldn't hav any effect. On digital tv sat radio. Not the majority of us are pulling over 13 6

10. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    Was that not you that mentioned a 102" whip? I'm not going back to look cause I don't really care. I guess I thought it was you because of your "2ft antenna" comment.......the rest of your post is pretty pathetic....as usual.

11. Turbo-T

Turbo-T Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    Nope not me, it was probably channel jumper you are confusing me with. Better break that pill in half tomorrow little fella. And stop getting so mad you can't think of anything better to say. :biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.