Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    better not be anything wrong with my trk. Had a few things fixed under warranty. I HOPE they red tag my mt trl. I'll go tell the trl guys to work on it late tonight so I have it in the am

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mikley28

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    we are mad overbooked in ut... Looks like I am going to get my usual... Late load or load with almost no time on it.

just got my preset and its actually a good load. 2220 miles with only a 200 mile DH. Picks up tomorrow and delivers monday am.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  4. JimBob24

JimBob24 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Cedar Creek, WA
    How crowded is the yard at WVC am headed to be there tomorrow with Nabisco load.
    Apparently Nabisco is ridicoulously close to the yard. You outta there early tomorrow? 2200 miles? Must be bound for PA?

5. mikley28

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    it's pretty crowded here today. My load picks up at 1400 about 200 miles away in pingree I'd headed for walmart in henderson NC so I figure I'll be out of here about 1030. Gonna try to get in another 34 for the 4th week in a row on sunday so I can keep running.

if you can get here by about 930 I'll buy breakfast

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  6. trucker900

trucker900 Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Sorry have not been here for a while been running my bottom off!!! Stayed out over two months with no time off. truck running good. Hope everyone is ok and doing well.:biggrin_25525:

7. mikley28

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    welcome back

8. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I got screwed out of a restart this weekend due to a short load.
    They needed me to pick up a paper load and run it to a terminal.
    Not really a big deal most of the time, but I had to use 4 hours to get it done, and I ended up 4 hours short of being able to get a restart.
    Now I am turning down really good loads that I can almost but not quite make.

Running your hind end off and getting a restart on the road is the best way to make really good legal money on the road. If you can run out that 70 in 6 days or so and get that restart you can get allot more miles.
    Plus not being against your 70 keeps your stress level down and gives you more options for loads.

9. mikley28

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    yeah I know. Been taking restarts every sunday while under my load. Need to make it to TA in greensboro NC by 1800 sat.

10. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I just wish I could get my dispatcher to understand the concept.
    I think he is use to drivers that will only take restarts at home.
    That is fine too, but if I am in a good area for freight that has some miles on it then why would I want to go home and get out of the area.
    With a restart I would have gotten that 800 mile run. Added it to what I had from Saturday, and I would have had a really good start to the week.
    Now it will loose out on at least 400 miles for the week.
    Unless he keeps me out another week. I told him I do not mind, but I think he is trying to get me home anyway. At least for 34 hours.

11. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    if you havent been to henderson wally world before heres a few tips if you get there early they will not let you on the prop you have to park on the side of the road across the street. there is a mom and pop truckstop about 15 min away but they charge 10 bucks to park there. my sugestion is to stop at the ta on i85 greensboro if your gonna be there early then allow about 1.5 hrs to get to henderson. once there they unload pretty quick.

mikley28 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.