Class Action Law Suit in the works!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by DreamTeam44, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    This is complete and total BS. I have personally made post claiming the good experiences I've had with a company that some consider bad and I've never been bashed by the mods because of that. The intent of this forum is for facts to be exposed regarding any and all trucking company or other things in the trucking industry. If you're not happy with the way this forum is maintained, you can always go to one of the other thousands out there.

I wonder, though, how many will be on the internet in another 5 years. I'm sure this one will.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jerryl

jerryl Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2007
    You say it is for facts. Show me where most of the posts report facts. Some do but many are nothing but worthless rants with little or no facts. I do visit other forums. One in particular is made up primarily of O/O and presents much better information there because it is kept in check.

As I have said before, I come here for two reasons; 1) entertainment, 2) to try to be a voice of help and reason for those who come here seeking real answers.

This site probably will be here 5 years from now but so will most of, if not all of the others. But the real question is, why not have standards that make it more useful rather than posts that generally say the same thing, "this company screwed me..."?

4. lost-in-montana

lost-in-montana Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    you will always have disgruntled employees jerry you know that as well as i do.majority come on these forums for advice and guidance whether they choose to take it or leave it, thats on them. then you have the so called few who always have negative things to say about everything. we all know who they are.

5. Ronnocomot

Ronnocomot Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    I smell company shills.

6. BubbaTrucker

BubbaTrucker "Iam Hanging in there"

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    i have personally had bad dealing with Swift, JB Hunt and a company out of atlanta called Nationwide Southeast and when I posted what I did about them, it was not raving, it was hard facts as to what I experienced, and what I have went through with the companies with the exception of nationwide southeast in atlanta georgia, cause not only did it happen to me but most of the drivers who quit all within a 3 week span....

i dont see this forum as ranting, i dont see angry former employees, i see drivers who are mad at what happened to them and they are on here stating their experiences ...

and ill be honest i have had some of my posts deleted by the admins on this forum due to the choice of words i used to describe how i felt ...

i happen to have landed a good driving job a month ago with a great company and that was due to this forum and a driver telling me where i can try next after reading a posting i done about how i was treated by nationwide southeast ... so i owe this forum my happiness with the new company that i have gotten on with ..

i stand behind this forum when they choose or choose not to allow certain posts due to whatever reason they feel is appropriate or non appropriate ..

try and go to google and typing in a name of a company and see how many forums come up ...

i bet if you type in nationwide southeast the ONLY forum that has what I stated in my posts s this one ...

doesnt matter if the posts are good or bad about a company, this forum and posts can be googled ... i dont know how many drivers checking nationwide on google read what i put about them, but if they did read what i posted on here, found it on google and decided to not go to them for work, then i did a service to at least 1 driver and saved him the time, agravation and etc of going there and that was a thanks to this forum where that 1 driver may have went to someone else for work and found it better ...

bubba

7. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    I've never said anything that wasn't based on facts as I observed them. My reputation is all I have to support the truthfulness of my facts. I've earned a solid reputation as being a straight shooter on this forum regarding my experiences.
    There are worthless rants on this and every forum on the internet. That's what you get from them. The ones that are worthless rants are quickly called out and debunked around here. I'm glad you have other forums that you enjoy visiting. However, since when are any two things alike? Also, if it's that much better over there, then why come here and bash this site?

Those are the same reasons I come here. I'm willing to bet that hundreds of this forum's members do the same thing.

There are forums created and taken down everyday. What keeps a forum going is the quality of its members. This site does have standards and many have found it incredibly useful for them.

As to the folks who are talking about being screwed over, if you will notice there are many members here who seek to sort through the BS of said posters. Which is precisely why we are having this discussion right now.

8. lost-in-montana

lost-in-montana Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    well said. amen

9. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

What ever floats your boat, you couldn't be more wrong. But if a fantasy life is what you want to live in there is nothing the rest of us can do to stop you.

10. jerryl

jerryl Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2007
    So, scarecrow, I assume you feel the post that began this thread is full of facts and is not just a rant. It sounds like hollow accusations. I asked for the name of the law firm handling this supposed class action suit and no answer has been given. I notice that dreamteam says that "Outlaw Trucker's of America" is going to ensure companies, stockholders, etc. are abiding by the law. Is Outlaw Trucker's of America also going to watch to make sure drivers are abiding by the law as well? I.E. following all HOS rules to the tee and driving within the confines of speed and other laws, and ensuring that all logs are done completely legal with no creativity. Those items have just as much, if not more affect on the safety of America's motoring public (other truck drivers included) than some of their claims in this alleged class action lawsuit.

This individual started off with a fairly good post on another thread and then it rapidly degenerated to the psycho babble that is found in the lead post of this thread.

11. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    :biggrin_25513:

But, defending the communist view of "shut em up NOW" is ok?

As I see it, this forum is broken into many self serving topics. Good and bad. The forums provide both positive and negative comments. You learn about companies, and the reality of driving. But, this is NOT a forum of teaching someone to become a driver. Or as you seem to believe...zombies and slaves. Yes masta no masta...those days are gone forever.

While I may disagree with someone. It's my opinion and right.

For the previous poster. Even IF you hold a law degree. Your accusations of slander, are futile. While it may be true (but it's not) it still falls to the Courts to decide the issue. Not someone within a forum that disagrees with the content. Regardless of how obsurd the comment may be.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.