cough syrup with codeine: allowed in the truck???

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by truckerdave1970, Dec 1, 2009.

1. bubba mark

bubba mark Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009

That was smart. Do you feel better now? I mean was your little fit worth you being flat ### broke and not being able to support your family? You should really get your childish attitude in check. If I was your boss I would have fired you too. Now matter how much to customer pisses you off you don't show your ### to them. You got no one to blame but yourself bud.
    I guess now you can sit around and chug that codiene. Maybe that will mellow you out a little.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    I am going to try not to get angry as I respond to your asinine post!
    If you actually read my previous postings instead of glancing at them, you would see that I admit I have a problem and I was wrong for what I did, and I plan on getting some help dealing with these issues. I AM painfully aware of the consequences my anger has wrought on my life, I dont need more "help" pointing that out! So thanks, but NO thanks! Unless you have something ACTUALLY HELPFUL to contribute, maybe it would be best for you to remain silent. I will however listen respectfully to good advice from you or anyone else.

4. photolurp2

photolurp2 Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Georgia
    Don't worry about the posters who are not the brightest bulb on the string. I applaud you for the fortitude to do what you did for so long. I would have snapped long before you if I was in your situation.

5. bubba mark

bubba mark Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009
    How hard was it not to blast me?? I was trying to get an angry response from you. I wanted to see how well you could control it.

Anyway Now on to the nice stuff. When I was younger I had a major anger problem. I have been arrested for assult and disorderly conduct more times than I can count. It took several years of anger management for me to learn to walk away when someone upset me. Twenty years later it can still be a challenge sometimes. I also had to learn to recognize what lead to me losing it. Mainly if I was tired, hungry, stressed or whatever. Then I had to learn to channel that aggresion into something else. For me when I get stressed I work out. It not only calms me down it keeps me from getting a trucker gut.

I really mean this when I say good for you on admiting you have a problem and wanting to work on it. Good luck and I hope you are able to get things worked out.

6. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I was taking something similar years ago when I had the flu, Dr. told me directly DO NOT GO TO WORK, YOU CANNOT LEGALLY DRIVE AFTER TAKING THIS STUFF. Company told me to come in or else, well, two days later I quit on the spot.

7. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Tired, Hungry, stressed...???
    Sounds like every day in trucking to me!!!

8. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    While I wouldn't normally approve of such tactics... I have to say I am proud of both of you.

9. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Hey Truckerdave, Hope you have a good Christmas anyway! I'm now medically unable to drive for a while and still need a job! Thanks to some donations from churches I am able to give the kids a few presents but it's the telephone calls from creditors that it's driving me crazy!

Let us know if you get rehired!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.