CRST Malone L/P from the beginning

Discussion in 'CRST' started by gravdigr, Jul 23, 2012.

1. gwkelly3

gwkelly3 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Heber Springs, AR
    Thanks. When I am abel to work 86 hours I clear 1300 a week but that does not happen ofter I usely my take home is 800. I am paid by the hour. I am defently considering going L/P

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dixieworkx

dixieworkx Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2012
    yeah whoopnride i dont think id want to be called a lumper..no matter if they unload trucks or stink up seats hahaha...''yeah this heres pigpen gonna stop at the next rest area boys gotta lumper'' haha thats all i could think when reading it...

hrdman2luv Thanks this.
  4. 2step

2step Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lafayette In
    Camera in the truck pointing at you, jackwad of a boss or co-workers, boredom, pay going down, jackwad of a boss looking for something to write you up on every day, equipment... Many reasons.

hrdman2luv Thanks this.
  5. dixieworkx

dixieworkx Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2012
    worked at a certain mail contractor...got called into the office one day to sign a warning..said my average speed for the night before was 89 mph, this, in a truck that was governed at 68 mph and wouldnt go over 70 mph if you ran it off the side of black mountain loaded with cinderblock..i told the company shirt as much and told him either the odo was off, i read it wrong, or they read my log wrong..he only insisted i was speeding and said either sign or be fired...things like that sure take the luster out of a c/d steady check ...i think id rather take my chances personally but would not in any way consider lease purchase unless i was guaranteed about 3 bucks a mile and 3000 miles a week on paper and notorized...because one, they own you which bites, two, they own your check...much better to find an older truck you can afford, swing it and hope for the best...i think id much rather worry how to make a 250-300 a month bank payment or take care of mechanical issues myself than to have take a truck i might not want, to pay that same 250-300 but have to pay it every week, or depend on companies mechanics to do repairs right and without gouging me...not to mention on slow weeks, or weeks you take off, you still got that payment that comes first...

hrdman2luv and gwkelly3 Thank this.
  6. gravdigr

gravdigr Road Train Member

May 2, 2011
    Hollidaysburg, PA
    Sorry guys I have been away a while. Went on a cruise with the fiancee and been doing family stuff. I found a pretty sweet local job that pretty much blows away anything I have done so far. Hourly pay (anything over 40 hours a week pays overtime!) plus bonuses every week just for doing your job, safety bonuses every quarter, 6 paid holidays plus vacation and personal days, and the best benefit package I have ever seen. I'll be running reefer for a food company. Private carriers rock.

BTW I got out of Malone with a $1,300 bill. That includes fuel taxes owed, securement equipment, partial payments owed for the week, and a broken window (locked my keys in the truck at a shipper >.< ). Not too bad all things considered.

LastChance77 and hrdman2luv Thank this.
  7. gwkelly3

gwkelly3 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Heber Springs, AR
    I guess l/p isn't the way to go. I found some better jobs in the oil patch

8. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I can relate to your sig!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  9. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I take it you have the Securement Equipment than?

10. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Wow,,,everyone just leaves, poof! I wonder how patrick and brad are doing?

11. ahorton

ahorton Bobtail Member

May 31, 2014
    alright be stupid. this information on the internet is valuable. I have never heard anything bad about Knight.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.