Do you know...? Disgusting Cigarette smokers

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by BlackCat, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackCat

BlackCat Light Load Member

May 25, 2007
    Texas

Interesting wording you choose.

Today one out of every five people who die in the US dies because of smoking. Smoking tobacco is responsible for more deaths than cocaine, heroin, alcohol, fire, automobile accidents, homicides, suicides, and AIDS combined That amounts to about 430,000 people who die needlessly every year.....1,200 people who die every day.... because of their addiction to cigarettes. It's like having several completely full jumbo jets crash every day, killing all aboard!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BlackCat

May 25, 2007
    Texas

[​IMG]
    ruh roh raggy!!

4. BlackCat

May 25, 2007
    Texas

Presumably you are talking about HIV/AIDS, which is now a controllable crhonic disease, killing few who manage it.

5. BlackCat

May 25, 2007
    Texas

None of the above, I call you. I am not a woman, I don't clean like a woman, so I call a professional. But #### I wish you would get a faster Swift truck so I wouldn't have to wait so long for you to show up.

6. teddy_bear6506

teddy_bear6506 I'm Vintage

May 23, 2009
    Between Valhalla and Hades
    Could you please provide the link to where you found those numbers? Thank you.

Please note the use of please and thank you, with no harsh or derogatory words. Credibility and respect is better established without the use of such. Thank you again.

Injun Thanks this.
  7. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Gawd,this thread is a "SMOKIN" good one to read..:biggrin_255: Unfortunately,about time for the play-offs...

8. BlackCat

May 25, 2007
    Texas

http://www.costkids.org/tobacco/tobacco/tobaccoframeset.htm

9. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    Waiting for her to show up?? She passed you a LONG time ago!

Injun Thanks this.
  10. Jake717

Jake717 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2011
    LA, CA
    Where exactly do they get these statistics anyways? How do they narrow down that these deaths are from smoking? If someone gets lung cancer and they are a smoker is it automatically attributed to cigarettes even though they were exposed to asbestos, radiation or worked at KFC frying chicken (yes, breathing fumes from fried foods can cause cancer). I just find the numbers to be a little skewed towards people with an agenda. I mean not all people who have emphysema, lung cancer, high blood pressure, heart conditions and similar diseases that can be caused by smoking get them from smoking. If so then only smokers would have those diseases (but in the case a non smoker gets them its because of second hand smoke, naturally).

I quit smoking a few years ago. It was hard, the only reason I did was because I started dating a non smoker and they didn't like it. It's not so easy to quit smoking either so all the people that say "I've managed to not smoke all my life" don't know what they're taking about. It's not easy to quit once you've started because nicotine is more addictive than heroine. But to be honest with you, fast food and poor diet probably kills more people per year tha cigarettes actually do especially when you think about the fact that most diseases that smoking is blamed for shares most of it's victims with the obese.

I would rather be in a truck that smelled like smoke than one that smelled like smelly ##### and b.o.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.