Do you use Love's TirePass?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by lilillill, Apr 23, 2019.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I hate it because if you are getting a tire replaced, they have to stop working on you to go check on the driver too lazy to pretrip. One day the tire guy did that twice while I was trying to get a tire replaced so I pulled off and left.

mitmaks and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Do the loves have shops now? I don't recall any that was anything but a fuel stop, maybe I didn't stop at enough of them.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Some do some dont. Usualy just mainly tores some will do light repairs.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    They've had shops for quite a few years...they also own speedco now too.

Dave_in_AZ and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I do not recall ever seeing a loves with a shop, do they have restaurants now too??
    Isn't speedco the old oil change outfits?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    I guess I'm old school. I just use a handheld tire gauge and my glad hand air, if needed.

QuietStorm and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Since moving to Alaska I generally keep which ever truck I am using in the shop. I have plumbed quick connects to the air tanks, so I don't have to let it build up air when I crank it, so I never use the glad hands for that purpose.
    I have intended to also plumb in some on my trailers, so I could just carry a short hose, but never got around to it.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  9. five bucks to run your truck across and get a full reading also have your tread depth and everything you can't beat it. if you're too lazy to do it and I'll admit sometimes I am after 30 years of doing this gig sometimes I just don't feel like getting on stage and playing so I'll be more than happy to roll that thing right across aatire pass..companies can use it for drivers that don't like to do it either even the new guys it makes it a lot easier it's a $5 reimbursement you can't beat it could prolong your tire life a whole lot longer because many don't check their air pressure I know that for a fact like I said I'm one anymore now I'm getting older and crotchety and sometimes I don't want to so the convenience is great..check air pressure tread depth consider even or uneven wear so it's like bada bing bada boom a fiver and done! I've had great luck with it once a week I use it I don't really do the trailers too much because I pull so many different trailers but as far as my truck I treat like my own and I'm more than happy to use it I think it's great...

DenBob and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    WINNER!!!!!!

Unless you're starting the day at TirePass / Love's, your pressures aren't going to be correct.

11. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    They should be like Sonic carhops check tires, bring out your McDonald’s and then wipe your booty for you for your next on the spot delivery. Or you can just drop it on the pavement like most do.

Never used it myself, got a tire pressure gauge that apparently they stopped selling?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.