Does anyone have experiance with this brand of seats, "Prime"

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Mr. Cob, Nov 17, 2019.

1. RoadstarJay

RoadstarJay Bobtail Member

May 14, 2021
    Dave,

Glad to hear! I'm 260, 6'1" and currently have the cheap National seat in there and it's not terrible for a 8 hr day but past that It is really bugging me. the cushion is really hard, its narrow and short and the lumbar is not in the right spot. I am concerned about the TC400 having mechanical lumbar being used to air. How would you rate or comment on all of those things?

..Jay

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Light Load Member

Howdy Jay,

I do NOT drive for a living, did that many years ago so my feeling about the Prime seats are based on 500-700 mile days a couple of days in a row every 3 months or so when I relocate to where ever it is I am going to be recreating next. For ME the seats are comfortable but I am not sitting in them day after day for hundreds of miles per day so I honestly can't say how they would hold up for a full time driver. As to the lumbar support, the seats I have are air activated and have three different areas that are adjustable, again for ME the seats work well.

Dave

4. RoadstarJay

May 14, 2021
  5. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Light Load Member

Howdy Jay,

When I bought my seats they didn't have the TC model, mine are the 400 series. Mine does not have the quick air dump or the return to setting mode.

Dave

6. RoadstarJay

May 14, 2021
    Looks like they swapped that for the air lumbar. How are the cushions? Rock hard or some what more forgiving?

7. BigManTN92

BigManTN92 Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2024
    Nashville, TN
    I like mine, but I’m in a dump truck and when I’m pushing the clutch in it it slides back up against my cab. Also, the seat came lose within a couple of weeks but I tightened the seat down and that’s good to go. As for the slide, I can’t find anything on it to fix the issue. I’m about to reach out to the manufacturer. The seat is only three months old now.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.