During your first year with Stevens Transport, how many States did you drive through?

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Iceman1984, Aug 12, 2014.

1. stlvance

stlvance Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    st louis MO
    The stuff you learn at stevens also carries over well to other companies. I am at a different company now but still use what i learned there. I have not had the jake quit on a mountain yet but its nice to know how to descend without it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    People are continually surprised because they don't understand why anybody would work for the lowest paying company out there, even as a training company.
    Nobody pays lowers than .26CPM, I don't know of any.
    They're taking advantage of their drivers but it's not their fault.. the drivers accept it.

There are good training companies for noobs out there.

Prime for example starts noobs right out the gate at .42CPM plus fuel bonuses etc
    I'm not even a Prime driver, people on here have criticized me because I make fun of their slow ugly trucks... but they PAY their drivers which is most important.

A Stevens driver driving 3600 miles a week earns the same as a Prime driver having a bad week at 2200 miles.

Point is.. be paid what you're worth.
    Accepting low pay hurts everybody out here.

People do have to start somewhere, I respect that... not everybody can get hired at good paying companies until they gain experience.
    I was one of those people myself, I worked for garbage pay for a few months and then ran to the hills once I knew I could get a job paying a lot more.

4. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Prime is another good training company. There are many differences in the equipment and for some people, thats a big deal worth the lower pay. It was for me.

5. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    better check your facts on prime... they do not start trainees out at 42 cents a mile.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  6. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Prime pays 0.26 to start with 0.6 fuel bonus (paid on all miles if you earn it) and 0.10 per mile on all miles over 3600 per week.
    I would be interested to see how many solo drivers earned the 10 cent bonus.

7. Prime-Mate

Prime-Mate Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    If you can't get your facts straight, don't make them up. Team Incentive Pay - Earn an additional 10 cents per mile for all miles above 3500 miles per week. Your reading the Team Rates..... duh........

Earn 38¢ per mile ($850 to $1050 per week) or 43¢ per mile in our ECO Featherweight truck/trailers ($950 to $1200 per week). This is solo rates....

freightwipper Thanks this.
  8. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    just went by what a former prime driver told me (that now works at Stevens). sorry.

9. Robert1597

Robert1597 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Lowell,Ma
    i need help i'm still in school i graduate in jan. 2015 an i have 3 pre hires Werner, Western Express an Stevens trying to figure out what the best option for me would be. all info is welcome thanks

10. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Read everything you can about all three here on TTR. Expect very little money, lots of frustration and stress, and enjoy the sunsets you will see. Only you can decide what's "the best option" for you.

There is already a LOT of information about all three carriers and many others. Show some initiative. Read.

11. Night Prowler

Night Prowler Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    subscribed ! thanks everyone very good info.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.