FAT people are Discriminated against at prime

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mikebrown611, Sep 14, 2010.

1. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Define 'big' and 'skinny' please ...
    Or show where being overweight is a good thing ...

We all know those charts that show if you are male or female, your height, and what your weight range should be. I think they are ridiculous. If you keep digging, there is a simple test to determine if you should be near the top or the bottom of the scale. Put your hand around the opposite wrist. If your fingers overlap, you should be closer to the bottom end. Fingers just barely touch, in the middle is about right for you. Fingers can't touch, towards the top end of the scale is good. However, if you start out so morbidly obese that your hand goes halfway around, then perhaps this test isn't so accurate. But to me it works.

easy duz it Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Big is somebody like shaq that played for the lakers....lebron james that play for the heat...big show the wrestler

skinny is...laura croft....tomb raider......whitney houston...one of the best singers ever....

mark henry was once the strongest men in the world. .....is he fat because he dont have a 6 pack or cut up biceps?

4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    All those people you mentioned are just plain HEALTHY - this is not a one size fits all equation. But that obviously isn't even on the radar as far as the lawmakers are concerned.

5. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Right they are healty but if they go to the doctor then the big ppl I put would be overweight....so y if im not toothpick skinny im over weight?

6. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Taking a look around at prime drivers,

they do NOT discriminate in any way............

7. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    fat people are discriminated against everywhere so get it together

Shaggy Thanks this.
  8. Redwolf897

Redwolf897 Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Norman,ok
    BMI does not account for muscle mass. My BMI is high by all standards. I am working on loosing the weight and work out with a guy that is about the same weight as I am same height but not fat. This guy has arms as large as my thighs he is a tool pusher on an oil rig. My job is active as a ltl delivery driver. We load our trucks in the morning from 4 to 6am, then drive around to stores and unload. nothing is on a pallet. I lift things as light as cases of cigarettes to as heavy as cases of water I climb in and out of my truck an average of 10 times per stop, walk over 5 miles day pushing a dollie loaded with product for 2.5 miles and I am still over weight. I try and swim 3x a week for over an hour, and lift 2x a week. Once i can get a cdl i plan on getting a gym membership for a national chain. most are in strip malls and have parking for a truck someplace close. Wish the Y had a nationwide membership but that isnt the case so a place like golds gym will have to do. for cardio walk around the truck at truck stops or where ever i am parked. But I do exercize and still 5'10 and 240 pounds. But weight comes off slower at 50. Oh and gained the weight after taking some meds for a medical problem 15 yrs ago, but why it stayed on is my fault not looking to make excuses here.

Locally a sleep study is 1500 bucks without the equipment if you find out you need it. SO time to save the money and get the study done so i can get a new machine and get rolling becasue i am getting no where with local job

9. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I only read the last 2 pages, so it this is a repeat post, oh well.

In September 2013 i was 275, I am 6'2". By all intensive purposes I was a fat ###, but Ive always been a larger body due to working out in highschool and playing sports. I would eat 3 large meals a day. On average 2500-3000 calories a day, and upwards of 200+ carb's a day. I stopped eating as much. I still eat and get my fill. But eat in moderation. The fact of the matter is if you eat less calories then what you need to supply yourself with energy, then you will loose weight. It must be a healthy balance of calories and carbs. I was easily good for a 12 pack of soda a day, I cut that out. Completely. Once I did that I immediately lost 20lbs over the course of 2 months. I eat less throughout the day, and eat smaller meals at a time, but more frequently. I eat a bowl of oatmeal, an apple or banana and a glass of 1% milk for breakfast, 2-3 hours later ill eat an apple and a handful of granola. Lunch Ill eat a large chef salad with low fat ranch dressing and a bottle of propel flavored water. 2-3 hours later its a banana and another handful of granola. Dinner its anything high in protein low in carbs, and maybe a diet pepsi, or Diet A&W RootBeer. 2-3 hours later its a handful of mixed nuts or a handful of cajun trail mix. The entire time I am drinking water or a diet soda. I was down to 230lbs about a month ago, I did a blood test because I was having some issues with sleep and my energy levels were horrible during the day. Results come back and it seems I have Low T. Now im on testosterone injections taken every 2 weeks, and Ive gained back 10lbs. Have another Dr apt at the end of this month, but I am pretty sure the reason for the weight increase in water retention. That is a known side effect of Test injections.

In the end. you want to loose weight, stop eating so much, eat a little bit healthier. Try to limit your diet to less than 100 carbs a day, and less than 2200 calories. The average man needs 2200 calories to sustain an even body mass, and any unused carbs are made into fat when they dont get used, that fat is stored and then makes it even harder for your body to use insulin which in turns brings on diabetes.

10. JChors

JChors Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Newport, OR
    Corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup are the two ingredients that have made America and much of the Western world fat. Because it's cheaper to produce, it has replaced cane sugar in most processed foods and drinks. The timeline of introduction of these ingredients to our foods, ramping up greatly in the late 80's correlates with the timeline of rising obiesity rates. Just take a look at the next packaged, jarred, or bagged food item you buy.

Avoid processed foods, all grains and food containing grains, and all sugars. You can eat all the protein you want, as well as any vegetable, and low glycemic fruits. Do that and everything else as normal, and the weight will steadily come off. It works.

HotH2o Thanks this.
  11. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    And for gods sake stop with the 55 gallon cup of soda at every truck stop! I dropped 15lbs just by cutting out drinks with sugar.

48Packard Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.