Furniture Row Express

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Cybergasm, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Huckebein

Huckebein Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Canton, Kansas
    Mabe two or three weeks... That is when the operations man made his sarcastic comment on the Qualcomm.... That is about how long Mark has been edgy... I believe this went pretty fast... I have been involved with similar in the past, on the buyer side...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Huckebein

Sep 4, 2014
    Canton, Kansas
    Trust me on this... Celadon wanted the contracts... Perhaps they have a foot in the door here and there, but FRE is in more established with these companies... Yes, it was convenient for Barney to unload FRE... There is a lot of pressure to upgrade the trailers, even some rules have been implemented for upgrades... Celadon is really not interested in the equipment, except for resale, or trade... Celadon wants us drivers for keeping the contracted companies more comfortable about the takeover... They want familiar faces showing up in some of their trucks...

4. Huckebein

Sep 4, 2014
    Canton, Kansas
    Thanks, I'll need it...

5. bigredokc

bigredokc Light Load Member

May 15, 2014
    You tell him!!

Huckebein Thanks this.
  6. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    FRE lost money alot of it sitting at countless shippers and receivers. The company was sold and there was never a plan to buy new trailers. Glad I got out when I did. The Racing team is horrible this year too. Cutting corners all around the whole FROW company as a whole never a good option.

Celadon is a BOTTOM FEEDER.

Good luck to all

7. Cybergasm

Cybergasm Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Cape Girardeau MO
    Not hard at all just the typical Physical so sleep apnea testing or anything like that unless have pre existing conditions.

8. Cybergasm

Cybergasm Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Cape Girardeau MO
    Yeah he may have sold the company but only cause Celadon made him an offer he could not refuse, but he was looking out for us with the Deal were getting. New Trucks, New Trailers
    better and more cost effective benefits plus we keep our current pay rates and get paid vacation time from day one here.

So overall were not fairing too badly here. Could have been way worst.

9. Viper09

Viper09 Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Council Bluffs, IA
    Cyber, don't pay any attention to Daniel. He just likes to stir the pot to see what kind of reaction he can get.

Cybergasm and Huckebein Thank this.
  10. Daniel.trawick

Daniel.trawick Road Train Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Fort collins,co
    Well I guess you never been lied to and Tyson has only two plants. Either way you are in a better position. Also didn't know you needed a degree to run a refer. Take it easy hand.

11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I am waiting to see how it is going around the Holidays. It took 2-3 months before the Houk guys got the shaft.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.