Getting Ryder to fix there leased trucks...

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by joseph1853, Aug 2, 2018.

1. joseph1853

joseph1853 Heavy Load Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    Im working for a company that leases trucks through Ryder currently and am having a difficult time getting them to repair the truck Im driving (2015 international). Seems I'm being shuffled around while nothing ends up getting fixed on my truck.. Very frustrating to say the least. I'm sure the company I'm working for pays a premium for these leased trucks so it seems we should be getting premium service but that isn't the case in any shape form or fashion. Does anyone know of any ways to get them to fix there trucks your leasing through them? Seems for the amount they charge to use there trucks they should keep them in proper running order but that doesn't seem to be the case at least at the location I'm dealing with. To be more specific the ac on the truck is having issues and they can't seem to fix it? Am I expected to just run it like it is and take it or should they be supplying me with another truck with a working ac? Should I take it to another Ryder location miles out my way in hopes they will fix it? Should I take it to another repair shop and have my company bill them for it? Call Ryder hr or something and complain? The truck also has front end issues and they'll say they've fixed it just for me to get it out and find out they've done absolutely nothing on it. It's a huge pain in the neck to take the truck to them in the first place being I have to find a ride back to the yard and then another ride back to pick the truck up I might also add. If this was my personal truck I'd leased through them I'd know everything but as it is the company I work for handles all those details and it doesn't seem like they have much more of an idea on what to do either although they did say they are supposed to supply us with "loaner" trucks if its going to take more then 4 hours to fix them. Of course they never have any loaner trucks available..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Take your issues to employer. Not your truck, not your problem

KB3MMX, Bean Jr. and joseph1853 Thank this.
  4. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    Right.. Funny how these company's want to make it out to be your problem isn't it..

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  5. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    So how do you think I should go about getting the company I work for to do something about it? Tell my supervisor something needs to be done about Ryder not repairing the trucks? Then what? Wait? Tell him I'm going to quite and get another job if somethings not done about it soon or something along those lines? Park the truck and tell them to get me another one from penske or something? Just trying to get some ideas on how to deal with my super/dispatcher..

6. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    “ I will report for work when truck is repaired”.

KB3MMX, Bean Jr. and joseph1853 Thank this.
  7. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    10/4

KB3MMX and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    YOU didn't sign the contract with Ryder, your boss did and it is the Boss' problem to deal with them, it is your problem to deal with your boss.

KB3MMX, brian991219 and joseph1853 Thank this.
  9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    well, many years ago, i worked as a yard boss. i LOVED that job, until the Ryder contract ran out...you see, i was a Ryder employee on a dedicated account.

i'd call the shop, they knew me, i asked when they had an open spot, i dropped off the truck(s), got a replacement, all was AOK....

but THAT WAS MY JOB as the yard boss, NEVER MY DRIVER's JOB, NOR RESPONSIBILITY..

you are circumventing the chain of command. WE MAKE THE ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE SERVICE AND LOANER TRUCKS, NOT THE DRIVERS...!!!!

you ONLY CALL for a breakdown, or you'd call your boss, and HE calls for breakdown service, whatever you were told at that time.

write up your truck, hand it over to your boss, go home.....

KB3MMX and joseph1853 Thank this.
  10. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Most of that rental stuff is crap. Someone has drove it abused it and don't care. Just gunner and runner. Unless it is a safety concern for you or the public. My son drove one for a company he worked at when his truck was down. Supposed to be ready to ride. Dry 5th wheel and u-joints had not seen grease since it was built. AC was a joke, needed charged. I witnessed looking at that junk rental volvo that day. Oh and one side of the cab wind fairing missing. Get your own truck. Thats one way to do it and get rid of the junk. Or get change jobs, hopefully bettering yourself in the process.

KB3MMX, joseph1853 and AModelCat Thank this.
  11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    there is a difference in the rental and lease of the trucks.

the companies i worked at and leased the trucks, they were new trucks, and as such never rented out. the o/p has a lease truck, not a rental.

there ARE times when i had to take trucks in for service, and BY contract, Ryder HAD to give us a rental as a loaner, no extra charge. so yes, rental trucks are either long term or short term, and the bevy of drivers could give a crap. but leased trucks (at places i worked at) were for ONE driver only through out the lease.

so if anyone was to buy a former Ryder or Penske truck, best to make sure it was a lease, not a rental.

KB3MMX and joseph1853 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.