Going back to OTR with Schneider Lease Purchase!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by plynnjr92, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    No. Schneider keeps track of that. Basically just everything you pay cash for.

plynnjr92 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Yes, Absolutely anything!! Sunglasses, CB, work gloves, trash can, pens, GPS anything you need to be on the road! Motels, taxis, laundry, the list goes on. They will give you one. Now, if it comes out of your settlement, you don't have to send it in bc they will get it automatically, but it is all tax deductible.

4. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Making $1k a week payments at your job.

5. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Does anyone have real world numbers after all your expenses?
    What are you averaging a week, month, year?

6. Mountaintrucker4302

Mountaintrucker4302 Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2015
    GA
    Keep those fuel receipts too.

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  7. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Most companies that use a fuel card will just import the fuel purchases, but yes definitely keep your fuel receipts. Anything you purchase for that truck or life on the road, all the way down to paper towels and glass cleaner

8. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    get receipts from the lizards too.....

jeff18, autopaint, D.Tibbitt and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Mountaintrucker4302

Mountaintrucker4302 Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2015
    GA
    Lol, i'm sure you have a quite a bit from their "services".

10. plynnjr92

plynnjr92 Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Inland Empire, CA
    I don't need to collect receipts from lizards..

Fees for services rendered are automatically deducted from my weekly settlements! Schneider finally found a way to keep their driver turnover low on the O/O side lol!

11. plynnjr92

plynnjr92 Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Inland Empire, CA
    Okay! UPDATE TIME!!

So after finishing my 34hr reset in Sparks NV I made a quick hop to Reno and got live loaded for a run to Rialto CA. Only took 75 mins from check in to check out, not bad. What was bad though, is US 395 was closed for high profile vehicles from the NV/CA line to Bishop. Apparently 2 trucks flipped in the high winds on the road and CHP closed it for a couple hours until winds died down. At that point I gingerly made it to Bishop and called it a day.

Early the next morning I drove the rest of the way to Rialto, delivered, then hopped to Fontana to grab an empty for my next pickup, also in Fontana. This load was nice, 350 something miles to Phoenix at $2.12/mi. Picked up the load and got to Indio CA before shutting down and checked out the board in Phoenix. Freight sucked. Everything was $.90cpm, short 40mi $50 loads, or was a 1-2 day load but had an appt 4-5 days out, or a combo of all 3. Figured I'd expand my radius and found a load from our La Puente drop yard near LA up to Seattle. Paid well, but dropped a decent amount when empty miles factored in. Was the best option I found so as soon as I finished my drop and hook in Phoenix, I headed straight back for California.

Thanksgiving morning I drove into San Bernardino after the company asked me to drop my empty at a customer, then bobtailed into La Puente around 3:30. As soon as I pulled outta there with my loaded at 4:15, it started pouring! I had checked the Caltrans site for any information on I-5 over the Grapevine beforehand, but on the road I learned my info was horribly outdated. The Grapevine was so inundated with snow they closed it entirely, and was forced to detour along the 14 to the 58 into Bakersfield. Crested the hill into Palmdale and the heavy rain turned into heavy snow. Snow in the high desert! People in the cars around me were losing their minds! Growing up in SoCal, people barely know how to drive in rain, but give them the fluffy stuff and they completely give up on the concept of car control. Traffic started backing up as we merged onto the 58, thanks to a truck stuck on the shoulder in a foot of snow, and a sedan that rear ended an SUV. The whole front of the sedan was crumpled in like a crash test. 2.5hrs passed from the time I left La Puente to finally breaking out of the mountains.

Also keep in mind it was raining or snowing the entire drive into Bakersfield.

Once I got out of that mess I still had enough drive time to make it to the 49er truck stop in Sacramento, where I spent my Thanksgiving eating the holiday special meal at the restaurant from inside my truck. And I spent today driving from Sacramento up to South Central Oregon. Tomorrow is my final leg to Seattle.

After I finish my current run tomorrow, I'm gonna deadhead back down to Portland and pickup a relay load from there back home to Salt Lake. I had a better plan to take 2 loads from Seattle to Reno and Reno to Salt Lake but the pickup window on the 2nd leg reduced from 3 days down to 1, and I can't make it anymore. I just have to settle with what I've got, because I can't miss my own wedding this coming weekend. I'd have to start a whole new life in a new state if I did, and my (latina) fiancee might just hunt me down and kill me anyway hahaha!!

After the wedding I can finally let the reins loose and focus 100% on the business. Goal #1 is to get TF off the west coast and to an area where freight is actually worth pulling.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.