going to boyd

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by hoedown, Jan 22, 2011.

1. hytekrednek

hytekrednek Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Rock Hill, S.C.
    Did a lil time with tmc than moved on to better things. Lol. Other than that n a local job for a lil bit I've been with Boyd. I'm in a few threads around here so that's probably it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hytekrednek

Dec 10, 2007
    Rock Hill, S.C.
    Yes, only draw back is u will b in Birmingham for two weeks. One week orientation n one week securement training.

4. cruisecontrol

cruisecontrol Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Rockingham, NC
    I drive an automatic...and at first, I hated it...it was like learning how NOT to drive a truck..lol....now, they are going to have to drag my *** out of the truck..lol

5. Rob G

Rob G Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Alabama
    I hear you Cruisecontrol. They all have their pros and cons. But it's easy to get used to being able to drive and drink coffee at the same time. :biggrin_25520: Only tranny I don't like so far is the Lightning 10. The Super 10 that auto-shifts back and forth from 9th and 10th. What's the point? Give me total control until I'm topped out then take it away? (Different thread, I know) :biggrin_2554:

6. hopkinsvilletrucker

hopkinsvilletrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2011
    hello fellow truckers give u a heads up on boyds and sons trucking out of 1312 county road 200 north /washington, ind they run computer logs they are no company to go to work for due to they treat u like a child, went u go over ur hrs due to the computer logs steady messing up all the time putting you in volation and when that happens the fines u 75.00 first time it put you in volation then it doubles, then triples then steve boyd owner and truck manager jason say it goes in a pot then the drivers that doesn,t get volation get the money it a lie it goes into steve boyds pocket to buy part for his tractor pulls ,most of all there rating under the 2010 csa law is bad in 3 parts and the company in the red in those spots. they have hire a guy name mike turner to work the safety but boyd using past job as a leverage to get them out of the red so they want lose there right to operateon federal hwy as a company ,ah if u quit they pay you on your last check minumm wages , they use that form due to they the biggest farmer in the area so they figures they can n they believe they can get away with it.but as they don,t know there is a federal ,state and labor board investigation gettting ready to be starting an invstigation in the matter with osca since a large gruop of personell that is still employed at boyd and sons and past employees with there payment stubsin conjunction besides the trucking company they will investigate,the farm,construction company and other company he and his family owns

7. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Boyd Bros. is out of Birmingham I thought. Are you talking about the same company? I have not read too much bad about them.

Not to knock your grammar skills but I can't hardly understand what you are trying to say? Maybe it's just me.

jmthomas Thanks this.
  8. cruisecontrol

cruisecontrol Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Rockingham, NC
    Okay, maybe because Boyd and Son doesnt havent a section in the DAC reports, you posted that info here.

9. hytekrednek

Dec 10, 2007
    Rock Hill, S.C.
    When I first started on this I kinda got a lil worried...lol. Buddy, u got wrong company. We r outta Birmingham, AL.

10. jimmysr

jimmysr Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Jasper,Al.
    dude you are crazy.....i drive for boyd and sons and i make great money and i am home every weekend.just because you are one of those guys that wants to be home on friday morning and leave on monday morning and cant get no miles because of it doesn't make THEM BAD....you can hardly speak right so i will just about bet you cant schedule your drive time right......you look like the same person that posted earlier on this thread with a different name that said you got your own truck.......yeah right.

11. Guitar Man

Guitar Man Medium Load Member

Sep 29, 2006
    State Of Confusion
    No, it isn't just you bro.There's 2 of us now....:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.