Grocery team driving HOS tips/tricks

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Dean1986, Oct 5, 2017.

1. aahensleigh

aahensleigh Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Arizona
    I’m sorry that you’re not satisfied. I understand where you’re coming from. I experienced similar feelings while hauling fuel. Sometimes you just having to be willing to make sacrifices, and it’s more a matter of whether you can live with them and what that compromise affords you.

Other times we have to let go of what we think we have figured out about a situation, be open to the unknown, and take risks.

It sounds like you’ve received plenty of feedback and just need to come to terms with the best decision for you.

Good luck fellow trucker.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chrislg1011

Chrislg1011 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2018
    Any advice on choosing between grocery or food service?

4. aahensleigh

aahensleigh Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Arizona
    I don’t understand the question.

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    Grocery is almost always ramps.

Food Service can be (depends on how it's set up) electric pallet jacks and liftgates.

liftgates are way way way easier on your knees.

Food service with chains (not mom and pops) also tend to have the same set up. (every McDonands looks the same, you know where to go just by glancing how the thing is situated in teh lot, mom and pops all bets are off)

Cardfan89 and Chrislg1011 Thank this.
  6. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Tell you the truth if you put up with your part of the problem, record all conversations with dispatch and safety, tell them there being recorded. Then sue the crap out of them and buy your own truck with the money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.