Hazmat Endorsement

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by Shingi11, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where are you in California; maybe we can suggest some companies after you graduate from cdl school.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. #wishfulthinking

#wishfulthinking Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Central Iowa
    If you haven't been fingerprinted and paid the 100 and something fee and received a letter from Homeland security stating that you are eligible, then you have not passed the background check. You can go to the TSA website at: HAZMAT Endorsement for more information on how to get this done.
    Welcome to trucking!

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Friend of mine in Sacramento just did the same. Got his permit including hazmat.

5. what2do

what2do Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2011
    I got my Hazmat November 2017, and I didn't have an interview. When did this start?

6. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    The "interview" is the TSA screening where they take your fingerprints, and money. $85 here.

7. what2do

what2do Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Okay, I understand now.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  8. James_72

James_72 Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Phoenix
    Got my permit last week with all endorsements. The place I went to get the Hazmat done also does the TWIC card.. killed two birds with one stone.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Not long after.

Arkansas was implementing that about that time period. Things moved fast that year.

I had a regular car license by then. But I kept an eye on our Revenuer (Yes we still call the DMV that...) with the commerical CDL requirements that were being updated with tighter and increased requirements.

We are getting ready to renew again to face the 2020 real id act. With the enhanced license and enhanced carry after training license. With the enhanced DL, we can board domestic flights and enter VA hospital, federal courthouses or military bases. Without it, we are second class citizens excluded after 2020 from that access.

10. what2do

what2do Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2011
    This world is going nuts.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. Jaybird53

Jaybird53 Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2018
    Lastly, just to add.....keep your receipt guarded and neat at all times, this receipt you receive from the Secretary of State that list your test passed and endorsements. As the person said earlier, it won't be on your CLP, but will definitely be displayed on your permanent CDL, once you pass the road, skills and pre-trip test.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.