heading out to crst

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Gman1234, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Yeah no crst. Not sleeping w/other men for a year. lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I would practice everything, from pre-trip all the way to backing. Each time you get into that truck, do a pre-trip. Go through the checklist. Get into that habit because you'll have to do that every day anyway. How long is the school at CRST?

4. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Maybe read on here before signing up with crap dead-end companies. You didn't learn from the CRE experience and want to repeat it?

If you have your CDL already, why would you bother with a company whose drivers are mostly ignorant underpaid rolling disasters. Pick a good company where you have people to learn good habits from.

The first years aren't easy, why make them harder?

5. Gman1234

Gman1234 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2020
    good idea. two and a half weeks is what ive been told

6. Gman1234

Gman1234 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2020
    i understand where youre coming from but sometimes you just have to get it however you can get it. im a central florida resident and one after the other companies all said they werent hiring out of my area.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You have a good attitude going in man. Continue to ignore the naysayers. It's nothing wrong with working for CRST. Most people who have opinions about companies have never worked for them. You said it best, you gotta get it somewhere. That attitude goes far in this industry.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Whatagal

Whatagal Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2020
    North Texas
    As I recall, I just used my hammer and banged on everything everywhere. Better safe that sorry. It worked.

9. Whatagal

Whatagal Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2020
    North Texas
    Actually, I just found this. Hope it's helpful. The 108 Point Inspection video on YouTube.

Gman1234 and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. Gman1234

Gman1234 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2020
    So I'm here at CRST/nadta going into my third week in cedar rapids Iowa. Passed pti on the first try, passed backing on the second try
    . However I've failed the road for the second time this morning. The first time I was failed railroad crossings as well as the highway exit. I came to almost a complete stop at the railroad crossing when I should've simply rolled the windows down, look in each direction and proceed 5-10 under the speed limit. Only stop if hauling hazardous materials. The highway exit at the end of it I stopped when the other vehicles actually stop and I have right of way. When lane changing I turned the indicator off too soon a couple times before the entire vehicle was in the new lane. The second time I failed today because of an intersection where the light changed as I approached it. I went to own the intersection and second guessed myself when a vehicle in the opposite direction of traffic tried to a left turn into where I was making my right, I stopped the vehicle to let them through when I shouldve proceeded. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Don't let some road trip woes get you down. You now know the correct way. I probably would have stopped at the RR crossing myself.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.