hey brokers, has elogs changed business/rates etc?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by freightwipper, Dec 21, 2017.

1. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Yeah I don't think it's E-Logs... but it might be. If this is E-logs a LOT of you were running dirty. Like 15-25% at least. And I mean a LOT dirty too. Full blown outlaw trucking mode here.

EDIT: I honestly just think the economy is doing really well and that demand still exceeds supply even at these prices. I can say that I'm #### near priced out of the market on a lot of lanes. I have customers who literally cannot pay these rates. Truckload rates out of Mcallen to the Midwest right now are >50% of the load value for my produce people.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Justrucking2 and wore out Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    After the elog mandate rates and load to truck ratio have sky rocketed and broke all time records on DAT.
    That's a fact.

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  4. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Maybe your dad should have old trucks, and a good shop hand or two? Or maybe he can get used to losing money?

5. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Not everywhere, and not all freight types.

6. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    This. It's definitely happening because of shortages of specific equipment in specific markets.

7. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Consumer confidence is up. Businesses have an optimistic outlook. Corporate money is starting to flow back into the country. Like him or not, President Trump has had a lot to do with it.

The rates on my lane started climbing in April of 2017. I'm happy to say they are returning very nice dividends at this point.

8. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I'll never forget the little puke broker agent for England Logistics who mocked me last Spring for not accepting his loads anymore.

I could see the market shifting and started asking, and getting, more money on the rates.

He said it was only because of produce pushing the market up temporarily and I'd be back groveling for his loads. I told him to EFF-OFF and have never looked back.

9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Everyone was running dirty. Myself included. That's just how it was. Reality. And I was never trying to maximize miles. Just trying to pay the bills and make a paycheck.

Whenever one of those scenarios came along where 4 or 5 hours were lost by a delay, through no fault of mine, I had a choice to make. Just lose a lot of money because of it or edit my way back to a normal paycheck.. ..who wouldn't protect their income in that scenario?

As far as "running outlaw" I'm seeing a lot of people call falsifying logs "outlaw trucking". Playing with crayons in a coloring book ain't "outlaw trucking" lol.

10. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Not 15-20%, more like 80-90%. Some people were fudging here and there, but some people took it to the extreme

11. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    I'm not talking about adding 10-20 hours a year as the 15-20%. I'm talking about running 4-5k miles a week as a solo all year long.

W900AOwner Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.