HOS what would you change?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by tjgosurf, Aug 11, 2007.

1. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    When I was in my 20's and early 30's I never sleep more then 5 hours a night and I felt great, in my 40's now and need at least 7 to 8 max, if I sleep more I feel worse. And I have sleep apnea and sleep with a CPAP.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stormcroe

Stormcroe Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Hubbard, OH
    All I can add to this is a BIG AMEN!

4. Randy R.

Randy R. Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2007
    mannford,ok
    If this new logging law goes into effect I myself will b losing around $1000.00 amonth because of 1 hr. less driving aday and no re-set on my 70hrs. This is a free country and no one should tell someone how much money they can make. I've been driving truck for 26yrs. this should be unconstitutionsl. It is a buch of B.S.

5. Randy R.

Randy R. Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2007
    mannford,ok
    You say 1 hr. aweek will not matter? When I'm rolling down the road I average $23.00 an hr. x 7 days That's $161.00 aweek. And $644.00 amonth, not counting the possibility of being able to re-set my 70hrs every 5 days. I'll be losing about another $400.00-$600.00. I call that INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!

6. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Either we keep the ones we have. Or we go back to the old ones...completely.

I like the 34 hr reset. But I like being able to nap, as easily as we could under the old ones.

I want to see a "nap break"...that doesn't penalize you on your work day.

Otherwise,,,let's just keep on keeping on.....Cheating for those of us who know how. Just like we've always done.

7. 24valve puller

24valve puller Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2007
    N.E. Oh
    How about 14 hours on duty, with no hour limit on driving, any sleeper time extends the 14 hours and is subtracted from the 10 hour sleeper time, and keep the 34 hour restart.

8. javelinjeff

javelinjeff Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2007
    victorville,ca
    well IMO,if the law is to be revised again,go back to the 2004 law-34 hour restart,split sleeper berth exemption,and allow meals/fuel stops to extend your driving time from the old laws.personally i like the mid day naps when it recharges your body to run into the night when traffic is lighter,allowing you to cover more ground.although some of the "super truckers" claim they can run 3 logs and go coast to coast non-stop,we know thats BS.in reality as long as you are getting proper rest every day as YOUR BODY NEEDS IT,the notion of how many hours per days(70 in 8,60 in 7) serve no use to those of us who can handle being out there to make the miles. these limits were drafted when trucks were primitive at best and sleepers were a rarity.when HOS rules are drafted with the driver's interest in mind, vs the special interests,the law would be far more flexible.although this will NEVER happen

9. Gio

Gio Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Saint Louis area
    Maybe they should spend that time walking or running. Your body needs exercise everyday. They would be able to sleep better also, if they exercised.

10. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

I can't argue with you there.

11. jfitz

jfitz Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2007
    St Catharines, Ontario
    I wish the they'd keep the 34 hr reset. The 34 hr reset allows me to work two jobs and legally go down the road.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.