How to idle on high RPM Kenworth T680 2016

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Big Viper, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    sounds like a mash stick before they started putting cruise control on trucks ...... mash it down put the stick in and go .... was handy in wide open country because you had to yank it or kick it out ........ some of these new guys would have a little bit of trouble adjusting to the old trucks .... no power steering no ac or bad ac at best .... no tvs or video games in the trucks ... ride like tanks .... ect

D.Tibbitt and Tombstone69 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    DOH. It's been so long since I used it.

Cruise ON. RESUME to increase. SET to decrease.

4. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    ACC, Alabama cruise control.

JolliRoger Thanks this.
  5. Matt43324

Matt43324 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2014
    They also say wind-chill will effect fuel and def gelling/freezing...

6. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    That’s funny in the old days we used to have something called a throttle cable that you pulled out and turned in if that didn’t work you’d put a stick between the dash in the fuel pedal!!!

7. Trucker Panda

Trucker Panda Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2019
    Working for werner here, that's an issue. My t680 truck normally idles at under 600rpm (like 575). Randomly it got louder, and started idling at above 700rpm (725). The not normal whine is very bothersome, and I've had drivers knock on my door asking to turn off my truck because it was disturbing. I've had it fixed before and will again soon. Have a mech look at it.

8. Trucker Panda

Trucker Panda Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2019
    Also, if I feathered the pedal lightly or touch the brake, it will stop, and go back down to under 600. Once I let go, it'll snap back up to over 700. My cruise to custom the idle level doesn't work when it does that either.

9. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Truck is doing a auto elevate to protect dpf system .. 575 all night will plug it solid over time so it raises rpm to keep clean.. if it’s doing it more often your dpf is probably getting full .. drivers don’t idle the truck properly so the computers do it for them now on many models.

10. Jeffery Epstein

Jeffery Epstein Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2020
    its more so the fact the carriers have the ecm locked down. carriers this size look at trucks as a reoccuring expense. they buy, then sell in 5 years, then repeat. there is no buy, pay off then maintain for next 15 years. a truck is a expense equivalent to a power bill

11. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    ECM....

You bought a truck with an ECM. Take the Truck to Dealer, Tell the Dealer You want to update the Program, pick and choose what you want and don't want. Its password proteced. Have them remove the old password and put the factory password in so any tech with laptop can access your ECM data link. Having access to data can help you manage fuel consuption, rated power and set idle parameters.

Its not a DIY...unless you have a copy of the licensed software and a Laptop with Wndows OS. $1500.00.

ALSO All lot of warranties are written with Factory Code Authorized Only. No Code No Warranty.

Or, buy a APU.....

Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.