I know im a #######. But is there any hope to come back from this?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Capital504, Jul 19, 2019.

1. you're putting the cart before the horse right now what you did is something serious in the trucking industry you're not the first though..
    you need to wait and see what happens in the end run.
    after your trial after the decision is made.

Capital504 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Nuttin, may not be able to get some govt contracts or clearance to deliver in a nuclear power plant, little things like that.

adayrider, Capital504 and Concorde Thank this.
  4. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Finally someone answered the question the op asked.

adayrider and Capital504 Thank this.
  5. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    1st I will say your lucky. Your boss man decided to keep ya.
    2nd This will hurt your choices should you leave your present company. But its NOT the kiss of death, others are making it seem.
    3rd there are steps you will have to go thru, like more randoms and maybe a anti drug/alchohol class.

Now the answer to your question is. NO this will not stop you from becoming an owner op or getting your own authority.
    If you decide to lease onto another company. See number 2.
    If you decide to get your own authority. Among all the usual and other things you need to find out. Better check what insurance you will be able to get and the rates.

adayrider, Capital504 and bzinger Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    So it's possession and gadgets to do drugs with.

You are extremely lucky they did not find a gram capable digital scale. That will elevate you to dealing in drugs/sales.

Find a lawyer who thinks he has a fighting chance to make your charges something else for a bigger fine or something nice for the local law.

Otherwise prepare yourself for 10 years out of trucking. Even if you bought you own truck you still have to particpate in random testing required of all trucking companies from 1 truck to 15000 or so.

Thats all I have for this OP. There is nothing else that I am allowed to talk about without getting thrown out.

Capital504 Thanks this.
  7. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    It should not even come up on a dl record. I doubt it will actually give him any employment grief, but like I said, luck never holds out forever, better start getting right.

Capital504 and bzinger Thank this.
  8. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Your life isnt over OP and thanks for being honest and not playing the blame game but you better get ship shape rapidly.

9. Capital504

Capital504 Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2019
    Thanks guys! Yall were alot of help! & yes i have left that stuff alone. Almost losing my job woke me up not to play with fire (pun intended lol) anymore.

10. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I have talked a couple into giving it up here lately.
    One is a youngster that has his head on pretty well except for that and games. lol, he just paid a hundred grand for a truck and has since ordered a 50 grand trailer, and has now ordered a new truck at around 200 grand, doing well, but He finally come around that he could lose it all in the blink of an eye, if he didn't give it up.

FlaSwampRat, x1Heavy and bzinger Thank this.
  11. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Western Express will hire you from what I've heard

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.