info on arrow

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by maddawg36432, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

Oh, dont worry about me, I left Arrow and started a Health Insurance Brokerage. Seven months later I was deployed here to Okinawa Japan with the Marine Corps. I'm a reservist, so it was a risk I was prepared for. The health ins business does very well, and I'm making plenty of money on active duty, but I still miss driving. Some day perhaps. Possibly as my little "retirement" treat for myself I'll go back and start driving the country again, not for money, but more for the fun of it.

Keep us updated on that issue at the office. It might just be returning bad trailers to the yard or perhaps bringing new trailers in. Thats how they are transported. I secured two trailers to a third myself and took them to Houston during my short tenure there, so it may be nothing.

Whatever you do, stay away from Regional. You'll end up wanting to shoot yourself or run amok and start dismembering everyone in Tulsa.

:biggrin_25525:

Either way, your there now, get your experience and get out of there as fast as possible. And dont forget, OVER-SECURE EVERYTHING!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    if they fire u they have to give u a reason why, otherwise they are layingoff or downsizing, it makes a big difference if u want to collect unemployment..i would get their reason in writing or contact your state of residence employment ofc. to get more advice, or call a labor atty for their recommendations if u don't want ur DAC rpt to show a misrepresentation of your termination.

4. dcedlr

dcedlr Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Aurora, CO

This post is so full of crap I actually had to laugh. I was fired from Arrow because I called them out on not paying any of my workers comp bills. I am not a disgruntled employee because I just returned to my friends law firm so I could care less about Arrow. However, I will speak the truth about them now, just as I did when they were doing well. Arrow is going to be out of business very soon. They have no money to pay their bills, and my lawsuit against them is just one of many regarding upaid workers comp bills. They are going to lose their right to self insure because of this and when that happens they are finished.

Regarding your lies: Arrow is still running many 04's and trailers made in the 90's. I have had one of those trailers and there are tons of them on the lot; actually more than aluminum. OTR drivers miles are now averaging 1,200 -1,600 miles; you are not averaging 1K a week I am sure. I just left there a month ago so I KNOW what Arrow is about. Arrow turning down there trucks to 62 is just a way to try and save more money to pay their bills. Reducing from 70-65 cut drivers wages on average of 6K a year. Now down to 62 is cutting your wages 10K from two years ago when you could drive 70. However, it really doesnt matter much now because you dont get more then 1200-1600 miles per week anyway so 55 would be fine to run that. lmao As for a family run company??? Its run by a family that cares nothing about their drivers. All they care about is putting money in their pocket.

daddybear Thanks this.
  5. mothertrucker-

mothertrucker- Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2009
    kc.,mo
    i was making a list of reasons why 62 mph is b.s. and should end. 1) every slight incline becomes a downshift. each small hill becomes a big one. 2) every passes you and you have to pay more attention, which over long periods of time...

i cant remember the other few i had.

6. 0ptimu5 Prime

0ptimu5 Prime Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Lavergne, TN

actually most of this is wrong now. my truck never went down to 62 its always been at 65 I still work for arrow and I get atleast 2500 miles OTR. I have had 1 steel trailor in 6 months almost all there trailors are aluminum not they have a crap ton of steel ones stacked up on the yard yep but there stacked up and not used. they do have 04 tractors those yes that is true. I have an 07 international thou. if u show ur a hard worker they will reward you.

7. ThatboyB

ThatboyB Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    how is the m home time on the regional board

8. ThatboyB

ThatboyB Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    It looks like all the drivers are out working pulling loads and too tired to respond arrow must be keeping you guys rolling

9. ThatboyB

ThatboyB Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    Hello all you arrow money makers whats the updates how is that south regional board doing

10. rixcamp

rixcamp Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2008
    seligman,az.
    Hi, everyone. I'm wondering if anyone wants any updated info on Arrow? This is the second time I've worked for them, and I'll compare "then" and "now". I left Arrow the first time because they had a hard time getting me home. Back then, they ran me very well, and my paychecks were averaging $600 to $900, net, per week. I was getting many loads that were from coast to coast. I am still with Arrow, this second time of employment with them. And I'll give my opinions about them now. I'm averaging from $300 to $700 weekly, net. With the higher pay being rare. I've done alot of sitting between loads, and that's worrisome. I have a very good driver manager, and that helps. BUT he can only do so much, and is limited in his ability to keep me moving.

Personally, I feel that Arrow is showing signs of financial decay and trouble, and many old timers with them are predicting that they will go out of business by the end of 2009. They recently cut layover pay from $50 daily, to $25 daily. I'm not sure about detention pay, as I've never received it. They have cut their speed governed speed from 65 to 62. And, if you've noticed, there's nothing safe about a 80,000 pound rolling road block! Its all about money, as they save on fuel and insurance rates.

I'm trying to hang with them as long as I can, as I need to acquire more flatbed experience. And they have treated me fairly decently. But I am VERY worried about their apparent financial instability. Sometimes it takes as long as a few days for them to pay for repairs at T.A. truck stops, etc. That hasn't happened to me, but lots of drivers report this phenomenon. This apparently has caused some drivers to sit for days while waiting for payment on the truck. THAT, obviously, is beyond worrisome, and is unacceptable.

Some folks have inquired about hometime and regional runs. From what I've heard, the hometime on regional runs is very good. The money, not so good. Lots of drivers have went back to over the road for better net pay. The hometime, and the ability of Arrow to get you home on a regular basis,depends on where you live, your driver manger, and of course, the direction and availability of freight at that given time.

If you live in the midwest or Texas, I've heard that it usually isn't a problem. Most of their freight seems to go to and from the midwest and Texas.

I have to go back on the road tomorrow, and I don't have a lap top. So if anyone has questions, I'd be glad to answer them today. Good luck, and be safe out there fellow drivers!

Jarhed1964 and cool breeze Thank this.
  11. brandond

brandond Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Bounce between TX and OK
    true dat on fisting regional. you will be more like a local houston driver. works out alright i guess being that you wont have to sit caged up in the houston yard. which by the way. you want to avoid at all costs. the houston yard is full of morons driving trucks like go-karts, like monkeys with a.d.d. never tried the 48 state side, didnt want to from what i was hearin at that time, they were only gettin one load a week if lucky. i got 7 in one month, pissed a lot of people off that i got that many. and i still couldnt buy a can of peas with what i was makin. lots of necessities, and responsibilities like, rent, light bill, phone bills that they think you dont have, or dont want you to have. i am sure they are happy with you putting your stuff in storage and living out of that nasty truck. but you wont be. regional sucks there. your terminal will be houston, and they will keep you close by.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.