Instant O/O and Load boards

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by PharmPhail, Jan 26, 2009.

1. BCTINC

BCTINC Bobtail Member

May 25, 2009
    The Highway
    The OP jumped in with no experience at trucking or even operating a business. What do you expect ???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BabiBoi357

BabiBoi357 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Birmingham, Al.
    I've stopped there several times (I20 Truck Sales). They have some desent trucks for the money I guess, however the trucks that i've seen were not taken care of very well.

As far as getting closer to the speed way, I can help you with that. Before the real estate market hit rock bottom, I was a real estate agent with ReMax Properties Unlimited. They have two offices one in Riverside and the other in Gadson, you can google them. Ask for Nancy or Lisa. They have some lake front condos on Logan Martin Lake called Lincoln Harbor, Tell Nancy George sent ya.

Fratsit Thanks this.
  4. LDH26

LDH26 Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Pharm managed and ran a business for years before he ever got into the trucking industry. I don't think he had any experience driving/operating trucks, but he's catching on. Everyone started somewhere, and it just so happened that he had the financial resources to put something together of his own. Congrats to him. With this day and time it's hard to get on anywhere with or without experience. I know, because i've been there. I know Pharm has done alot of silly things with the truck that were pretty much just down right comical. I've came close to p***ing my pants in laughter while reading some of his stories. It's obvious though, that the man is intelligent and is quickly learning from his mistakes. Power to ya Pharm. I'm rooting for ya.

5. BabiBoi357

BabiBoi357 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Birmingham, Al.

I looked at CRST Van. Another friend of mine told me that they would hire me on. Two things keep me from giving them a call. (1) They only run teams (2) and they pay according to there web site is .22cpm. They have a flat bed division, not sure if its teams only or not. But I guess, I may have to start somewhere.

I took three week vacation to obtain my CDL and paid cash for the class. I have the big X endorsement. All in all, I did enjoy the experience, but I have a $4000.00 picture in my wallet that's pretty useless for the next two years.

Mama always said, "Live and you learn". I know now to protect this $4000 portrait I carry in my wallet as if it was the LAST DROP OF GOLD ON THIS PLANET WE CALL EARTH.

The funny thing is, and I have to laugh, when I was leaving work today. Taking my normal route home, I dont believe that more than two minutes went by with out me looking at the speedometer. If you can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at.

6. LDH26

LDH26 Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2008
    That's the responsible way to think/act. I do the same thing, so don't feel bad. I'm always checking my speed, I don't rush thru yellow lights anymore the way I used to, wear my seatbelt, etc.

7. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I rarely drive a 4-wheeler anymore, my wife is usually the taxi driver on the weekends. Heck, my van hasn't moved in over a year. Last week however, my wife was tired, so I drove...

We were headed down US-84, in a 55mph zone, when my wife pipes up and says, "Are you drunk?"

"No," I replied, "Why do you say that?" (I haven't drank alcohol in years)

"Because," she says, "You're weaving and driving like a granny."

That's when I looked down and saw that I was only doing 40mph...:biggrin_2554:

Even in her 3/4 ton Dodge with a lift kit, my butt felt like it was skidding the ground and it felt like we were doing 80. I couldn't make myself do the speed limit in her truck... it felt way too fast like a rollercoaster.

Lol, I think my days of speeding in a car are over. The big truck however...:biggrin_2559:

8. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    try a dang hyundai!! LOL. felt like i was driving a go-cart. low to the ground, tight steering little thing! not to mention swinging wide for no apparent reasons on corners:biggrin_2554:

9. 7mouths2feed

7mouths2feed "Family Man"

Nov 29, 2007
    Jacksonville, AR
    Wow! you had a guardian angel over your shoulder.

Just to clear things up I wasn't saying you should be put in jail, I was saying I'm surprised that you didn't... 15+ in FL and you get 3 hots and a cot.:biggrin_2553:

10. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    living in Fl., i can say not true. unfortunately i know from exp LOL:biggrin_2552:
    ALTHOUGH in Ca. it is a misdemeanor with a MANDATORY court appearance and 1500 fine for 15 over!!

11. 7mouths2feed

7mouths2feed "Family Man"

Nov 29, 2007
    Jacksonville, AR
    Fortunately I not tried to test that water in more than 25 years. Perhaps times have changed and they just want the money now...

panhandlepat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.