IRP Registration Audit Letter Help!!!

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by razorcbl, Jun 4, 2009.

1. DoubleDear

DoubleDear Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Harrisburg PA
    Good to hear from you Razorcbl. It is good to hear that your dad is driving Intrastate rather than interstate. That will take a lot of burden off of you guys and make things a lot easier. And if he's been running the same routes that will cut your workload down tremendously.

Here is a form you can use to place his mileage and you can change the time on this form instead , for the fuel. You can also pick up some kind of form from a truck stop if you have one near by. Have some type of form either on your computer or on paper. Any kind of form will really do. Like you said to make it prettier :biggrin_25517: than showing your calender to the agent. If you have excel on your computer you can make one up yourself.

About your company name, you didn't specify if he is using (dba) doing business as/ company name, or if he filed with the state as a company name as a Legal Name. If that's the case, he should have contacted them to cancel it out, if he hasn't been using that name. If he has his own Authority and used a company name, he still needs to go by that name., Normally they go by his EIN Number. If he is just using his own name, he can use his social security number.
    They may question that and he'll need to explain why he hasn't used the company name.

Razorcbl,, I'm sure your dad will do fine, since you mention him running intrastate. Sounds like he kept records too. They just want everything to match by the way he is running.
    Good Luck ! :biggrin_25519: http://www.gbcw.unh.edu/volunteerFiles/Time_Mileage_Sheet.pdf

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DoubleDear

DoubleDear Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Harrisburg PA
    razorcbl, disregard what I wrote about your dad and his company name.

I just reread what you wrote, and that should be okay in receiving a letter with the new company name, and yet they are questioning about past records. They're probably going by his EIN or Social Security number, which would be the same for the company name.

They may have seen an error somewhere back in 2007 or 2008. Usually that triggers them to come out and see records.

Sounds like you guys should do okay.
    Let us know how it goes.

4. Alv

Alv Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2019

5. Alv

Alv Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2019
    I have an audit next week the same you had in 2009. How did it go? My situation is this one: I have 2 trucks with the plates registered on my company but they were on Lease working for other company. I don't really know which documents I should bring to them.

6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Aggregates of the fuel receipts and a listing of your driver's mileage when they crossed the state lines with totals - the former you should have already the latter you need to get from the carrier.

7. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    States are required to audit the IRP and IFTA reports of the truckers in their respective states. as far as IRP, some of my independents were sent letters asking for the records and when told the guy worked local and and tossed his settlement sheets upon verification of payment for all loads in that pay period.

They were assessed a flat fine [under $300] and were told to start keeping better records....even gave then forms to use. Unusually educational and decidedly not the usual punitive monetary punishment one normally expects from any New Jersey authority out of Trenton...your mileage may vary but being so local you should be ok.

8. 112racing

112racing Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    pocono's, pa
    you're required to keep tax records (which settlements are) for 7 years

9. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    correct and I do keep my company trucks records. My Owner Operators each have their own IFTA and IRP accounts and I was just relating the experience of one of my Pier operators...

Faced with 100% NJ fuel receipts and an E Z Pass account showing trips to Staten island they levied the fine and moved on. With so many pier trucks here they must see this a lot.

10. UpperDevker

UpperDevker Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2018
    What if you have no records at all for 3 years what are the max penalties for one truck?

11. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    More money than you have.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.