Is it my responsibility to scale the truck and axle out?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by jumbo11, Nov 30, 2021.

1. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    A baffled tank??? You must be hauling dedicated?
    If so, load it to the legal weight and don’t worry about the axels.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Are you loading fuel? by rights the company should supply you with a load plan according to the daily density of the fuel, if not then you can figure it out based on the density's as to just how much fuel you can put into each compartment to keep the weights legal. Loading other liquids will vary also as fuel is always lighter than water, where as things like fruit juice will be heavier.

4. jumbo11

jumbo11 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2021
    Yes, tanker with baffles/Dividers to limit product movement. Hauling Asphalt. Michigan has axle weight Restrictions. I have no issues with Gross Weight.

5. jumbo11

jumbo11 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2021
    3257- Asphalt

6. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Like it, or not, it’s part of the job, drivers are responsible for making sure it’s legal to go down the road

Speedy Sailor and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  7. jumbo11

jumbo11 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2021
    Liking it or not, is not the problem. Not sure if you read all my posts or i havent explained myself well enuff.

8. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Laws i guess vary from country to country our employer is responsible for making sure we have a load plan to ensure our weights are always legal. In the USA it would appear that the buck stops with the driver however by now you should have a good idea as to how much liquid in this case tar can be loaded to keep a legal weight do you have any scales near by to weight off? Keeping in mind any expenses like a weigh bridge ticket are tax deducible or your company should re-emburse you for any such expenses.

Speedy Sailor and RockinChair Thank this.
  9. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Do u guys have any lumber mills around where ur at? Most lumber mills i go to have axle scales or a platform that can give you gross and axle. Im sure if u paid them or just asked to use it one time they would be cool with it

Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.