Is this a sign of spring?

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by labagiamf, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Sandhill cranes have been seen around here, and apparently some Robins have been spotted too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Truckist

The Truckist Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Male polecats get the hankering to diddle with female polecats around February mainly and for some reason...all that mindless diddlin' causes excessive amounts of roadkill. Ain't payin' much attention to their surroundings I assume. Also, they don't see too clearly...kinda like crazed male truckers when they see tanktops in the spring or bikinis in the summer. Skunks typically diddle in early spring and are a polygynous species, which means that the successful males usually mate with more than one female...which, 'cept for the seasonal hankerings, is a lot like the male trucker species.

Class dismissed.

GuysLady Thanks this.
  4. lobes1985

lobes1985 Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Wappingers Falls, NY
    I also noticed that they are starting to tap the maple trees around here. Another "sign" of spring, atleast for us guys is, I am starting to notice more "scenery" running around with less coverings on them:biggrin_25525:

5. TheFreightTrain

TheFreightTrain Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Flint Michigan
    To me the signs of spring is around the corner is it stays light out longer, which we still got light in michigan right now and its almost 7 eastern time. And spring training is under way. Always a good sign there. And this got me laughin yesterday. It wasnt warm out id say like 36 degrees if that yesterday, and I seen someone in a Saturn Skye with the convertable top down, windows down as well. I was like wow seriously? lol

6. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    I was in Martinsburg WV today and saw Daffodils blooming and whole flocks of Robins.

7. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    My daffodils are still buried under snow.:biggrin_2552:

8. camerabrat

camerabrat Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Southwest Michigan
    The maple tree at work has buds on it. I think (hope) Spring is coming soon.

Attached Files:

9. labagiamf

labagiamf Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2009
    brooklyn,ny
    Stopped at Lake Havasu Pilot ,Arizona on Saturday to buy something to drink and there were some Girl Scouts there.
    Got two boxes of cookies.
    The Lemon Chalet Cremes are very addictive. If I had been there for long,I probably would bought every box.

By the way, there was snow on the ground around Flagstaff.

10. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    The blue jays are chattering in my courtyard... yep, spring is just around the corner in my part of the world!!

11. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    The birds have all been getting more talkative around here.

JimDriv3r Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.