J.B.Hunt wins C&S Contract in Vermont!

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by Wicked Wizard, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    atleast they had jobs offered to them, not left in the cold, oh wait they turned down the offers.

4. ttdriver

ttdriver Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Many drivers will take the offer but they are going to make LESS money and pay more for health insurance as well as loose the quarterly safety bonus that JB Hunt is not going to offer. Many will take the offer because there aren't many places around that are local, home everyday jobs. The whole thing is unfortunate but as with many other industries it's about the bottom line not the people. I just hope it works out well for all the drivers and their families.
    The people quoted in the article are FORMER drivers and don't work for the company anymore so what difference does their statement make?Typical newspaper dribble.

5. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx

Have you ever worked for JB Hunt more than a year? Did you go talk to an account rep not a recruiter? These accounts do have incentives through JB it depends on location and account.

6. ttdriver

ttdriver Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Never worked for them, never needed to, been here a long time.

I was in the meetings they already held with the drivers and they are not offering the bonus we have now. I have nothing against JB Hunt, business is business but their pay package is not equal to or better than what we have now. With our bonus system I would get between $2500-$3000 per year. With JB Hunt they are only offering Driver of the Month and Driver of the Year and it's for a region so the chances are less of getting a bonus.

7. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    Several of our drivers are headed up to CT on Sunday to help out for a few weeks until they get up to speed.

8. ttdriver

ttdriver Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I hope they are aware of where the loads might be going when they get there. They have a lot of NYC runs that are street deliveries, no docks, all hand off, one case at a time. Thats not all they have, the stores on Long Island aren't bad, they have docks and most of those deliveries are drop and hook. I wish them luck and tell them to get a NYC truck route map to avoid tickets for being off truck route. Watch the bridges, they will be pulling 13'6", 48 ft and 51 ft trailers into areas that have plenty of low bridges.

Wicked Wizard Thanks this.
  9. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    A Brattleboro cartage truck passed me today. They must have some work even without c+s in Brattleboro .......

10. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I appreciate the heads up. JB waited until the last moment to mention " city driving" to all the guys that signed up.

11. ttdriver

ttdriver Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2013
    It's Brattleboro Haulage and they only haul for C&S. JB Hunt is still in the process of taking over.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.