JB Hunt Reputation

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by notsobigal, Feb 12, 2011.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I run for JB for a month after 9-11 as a experiment to stay closer to home with that yard in Prothro Juction AR.

My problem was that I was issued a cabover prior to orientation when they had 50 plus conventional tractors parked in the far corner of the property unused. I do not do cabovers due to a specific vision issue not covered in the vision requirements for CDL etc. I destroy cars with cabovers. In a conventional that is not a problem.

Sure enough 3 weeks in I took a vehicle out just like I warned them will happen with a cabover. I quit the following week when I learned of certain medical problems that requires a doctors care.

JB is or was a good outfit to me. They paid instantly by direct deposit with cash option the moment that 5th wheel got onto the load over the qualcomm. The dispatcher I had was one of the best ever in my life time, partly because he listens to everything I choose to say to him which became quite a bit when there was trust. One of about 3 people I would do this with ever. Everyone else got yelled at. Or yelled.

Regarding the reputation, it's not a good one. Tractor did not have a jake brake so no mountain work. And I am one of those who crave mountain work. The speeds are not that exciting and is a problem on certain highways. The constant hamster wheel training room for drivers by computer when off duty between loads is BS. The time clock scenario for example is unbelievably complicated needlessly. I am usually sleeping or at the house between loads and was marked down as non compliant when it came to the encouraged training. (It's all computer based.... it's not for me and does not provide any advancement. You are just a drivah...)

I am sorry for the mixed review. On one hand it was good. However they failed me on some other specific problems and thus failed themselves.

To their credit they continued to call me at the house for almost 4 years after I left wanting me to come back. I told them that I was disabled at that time and trucking is no longer medically a option.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cavendish97

Cavendish97 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2014
    LMFAO at some of these comments. Out of the handful of OTR companies I drove for, JB Hunt is the only one still in business. I spent less than two months with them and they were a complete hoot. Was required to ride with a trainer as I had little OTR experience at the time. He was new at training, had about the same experience overall time wise that I had. He spent more time at adult book stores and was always interested in whether I enjoyed masturbating myself.

Once he realized I didn't care for his behavior he dumped me off at the Atlanta terminal telling the DM he was 'done with me'. Was immediately assigned to another trainer who turned me loose after one trip, saying 'I would be fine'. Spent the remaining few weeks 'running and parking' - it was clear Hunt wanted me gone. Went back home, took another local job, did reasonably well and turned right around and stuck my finger right back into the light socket a couple of years later - finally learned my lesson about OTR trucking.

4. Encom

Encom Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2019

5. Jovanotti

Jovanotti Bobtail Member

May 1, 2019
    Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania
    Yeah ok, I’m gonna take your word for it, you’re just ####ing institutionalized because you’ve been there so long

6. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    JB has many accounts to fit almost any trucking lifestyle. You newbies might want to shut your piehole long enough to learn something.

Old_n_gray and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  7. Jovanotti

Jovanotti Bobtail Member

May 1, 2019
    Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania
    Well all I gotta say is this was the shortest stent I have had in any job in my life and the reason for my departure has nothing to do with trucking. Perhaps you should invest in “ hooked on phonics “ so you can fully understand the main idea to my post then put some cake in your cake hole. This has to do with policies of a corporation which is taking it a little to close in breaking HIPPA law. Would you want your employer knowing everything thing about you? Well if you do, perhaps you should move to a communist county.

RookieJ1987 Thanks this.
  8. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    What happened? What did JB want to know about you that you weren't comfortable with?

Jovanotti Thanks this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    They almost hired me, but I told them to shove it after I got the Rite Aid bait and switch.

JB Hunt can ESAD.

10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Years ago I was set to go with them on a dedicated job out of Dallas. Went to orientation, did my road test then my recruiter told me that I lived too far from the terminal (2 miles going by zip codes) for the dedicated. So he was going to put me otr until something else opened up. I got in my car and was outta there. Didn't even say good bye.

11. Jovanotti

Jovanotti Bobtail Member

May 1, 2019
    Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania
    Their policy is if you have a regular doctors appointment, or a dentist appointment,or even an eyeglass appointment, they won’t let you back to work without a release from the doctor stating your issues and all that stuff, That’s why everyone takes a DOT physical, what’s on the DOT physical is good enough for the government, it should be good enough for JB Hunt. It’s no one’s business what’s going on with my body as long as it’s nothing to do with the truck and again that’s what the DOT physical’s are for. I understand it may be a safety issue because of medications but I’m going to mention again, (that is what the DOT is for. )There were people missing two weeks of work just to get a stupid note from the doctor so they can return to work,Then after getting the letter from the doctor they want you to go into the DOT and get recertified again,...so you think it’s OK for me to go to a dentist and then having to wait two weeks to go back to work to get recertified that’s a bulls$&t policy. What does a persons teeth have to do with driving a truck. Here’s the other thing that’s very bewildering, what if I told my manager that I just needed a day off and then went to the doctor without telling anyone, no one would know the difference and I wouldn’t have to go through that, this is why the whole thing stinks to high heaven.

RookieJ1987 and REO6205 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.