Kenworth T680 internal CB speaker stops working

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Aerosol, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2019
    Also, it should be noted that my auto start doesn't work. Despite having my truck in a company shop 4 times and the Kenworth shop once, it still doesn't work for low batteries. It will happily allow my truck to die. Every shop tells me that it was wired incorrectly. Huh.

So what I've been doing is turning off the bunk fan, setting the thermostat to 60 and holding a heating pad against it until it kicks on. Then I turn the front heater to 84. Itll idle for one hour, shut off for around 10-20 minutes, then idle for an hour again.

If I ever decide to go owner-op, I'm getting a truck with an APU. This auto-start crap is for the birds.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ruvik

Ruvik Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Glad I came across this post. I have a 2020 t680 and was scratching my head as to why the speaker didn’t work. Thought maybe it was my radio. I’ll grab one of those $20 speakers and test it out.

4. Aerosol

Aerosol Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2019

I found out what the problem is. Go into the audio settings of your Qualcomm and set it to use the onboard speaker instead of the external speaker. This is what fixed it for me.

Ruvik Thanks this.
  5. Ruvik

Ruvik Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Good catch!! The Qualcomm has a tendency to semi-permanently interrupt speakers. It was already set to “onboard” but if the qcomm goes into sleep mode, it’ll send a signal to the speaker that can only be overwritten with a reset of the qcomm. I went to “setting/speakers/apply and hit yes to reboot” and problem solved.

I only mention this because it could possibly reoccur in the future for those who have already switched to onboard as you mentioned.

Thanks driver!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.