kllm lease Pros And Cons????/

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Kwan23, May 8, 2017.

1. Kwan23

Kwan23 Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    I'm still waiting on Pepsi I did a interview and drug and background

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blizz215

Blizz215 Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2017
    If you did the drug and background your in there soon you will get a call or email about a road test it's sweet I took in in a six speed manual but some plants have all automatic

Kwan23 Thanks this.
  4. Kwan23

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    Ok good i think also there putting me through a trai ning period if they hire me about how long you think it will take I did all of that last Wednesday

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    As long it needs to.

When I was a FFE trainer, with a student (Who happened to be my wife...) I had a Manual that structured 12 weeks of training FFE requires of both Trainer to Students prior to that student's final acceptance test after the 12th week.

Sometimes short. Sometimes longer for less than smart trainees. Sometimes really bad trainees are let go and that's that.

With a good trainer, you will be taught everything in the book over at least 12 weeks. And you will be taught again and again and again. Just to make sure you learn.

Kwan23 Thanks this.
  6. Kwan23

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    I was talking pepsi

7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Pepsi? Then you will learn how to patten load pallets. You will be trained on lumping and break down. You will understand and get trained on how to throw small wood and big wood.

You will understand training on sku numbers, case count, weights per case, how much to put on a pallet.

You will especially get loads during training designed to make a star trek type Kobayshi Maru Scenario that is no win. A nice soda load at 49000 would be one into Associated Grocers in St Louis at night. You only have 4 hours to move it.

You can talk about the soda, You can talk about barrels that come to half a million dollars, kegs of beer. Whatever cargo. Even liquid Carboys filled with acid and still slopping from side to side from that turn you sharply made not too many minutes ago...

FUN FUN FUN. Learning is fun. Schoolhouse Rock has never made a trucking Video lol. There is or was a surprise inside school house rock should you you tube it.

8. Blizz215

Blizz215 Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2017
    What???? Pepsi delivery drivers don't learn any of the #### you mentioned you learn how to deliver beverages to stores that's it the warehouse guys do all of that the trucks are pretty loaded for the drivers

Kwan23 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Delivering beverages, soda to distribution center by 48000 pounds worth. I am the one who stacks it so that the ware house people loads the little delivery trucks going out to stores.

I actually had a oppertunity to get into the alcohol side where you run a small 5th wheel beer truck and get into bars and such delivering beer by the keg and case etc. THAT was a economic oppertunity I waited for all my 20's I blew it. They offered me a 80 pound bucket. Told me to take it above my head. I say to them are you kidding? what about that semi load I delivered to you several weeks ago? They remembered me which is why we are here talking in interview.

It did not come off nicely the way we planned it. I think I rubbed one of the men wrong. They get puffed up like a angry birdie feathers into a ball then give you the eye.

I got out of there. Made sure I did not have to worry about any more alcohol delivery into that place. Just a gut feeling about he people in that whole operation. When something's not right it's pretty sure it's not right somewhere.

10. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    I am lost, I should just stay out of this one

p608 Thanks this.
  11. Blizz215

Blizz215 Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2017
    I deliver to stores in a tractor trailer we don't have any little delivery trucks

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.