lakerized805 and butterfly805's Prime adventure

Discussion in 'Prime' started by lakerized805, Nov 20, 2014.

1. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

just skip the morning coffee and smoke and you should do OK on the BP test

lakerized805 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Remember,do NOT call it a video game.

4. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

As one who spent a career as a professional pilot, I can tell you the value of simulation devices cannot be overstated. You can "experience" things in the safety of a warm room while the electrons do things that would either be too dangerous, impossible, or untimely to experience. A sim is definitely not a video game; those who operate them take it personally when they hear that.

Enjoy the ride. Consider it as a real ride and you will benefit. Heck, if you're lucky, you'll sweat and get a bit scared when things go wrong...then reset and do it all over again!

5. lakerized805

lakerized805 Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Simi Valley, CA
    I.did. I was sweating and excited when.had.to.react to some things. Going to take some getting used to with the down shifting, but it's starting to come along. Going to eat something soon, relax for a bit, and come back tonight and do some more work on the Sims since they are open till midnight!

6. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Don't over-do it. A good nights sleep is quite valuable in getting that blood pressure down. No caffeine, no salt... a evening walk rather than more sim time would probably do you more good. Got to get past the BP before any of the sim time is going to help you.

Charlami and lakerized805 Thank this.
  7. Charlami

Charlami Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Greensboro, NC
    Glad to see you and your wife finally made it. Sorry I haven't posted. I will sub to your thread tho.

It's going to be a busy week for you both and soon you will be out with trainers. You guys will be ready to team before you know it.

Seems like July was yesterday for myself. Hugs and luck to you both!

8. Butterfly805

Butterfly805 Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Simi Valley, CA
    So day one is winding down. Got our drug test, medical & interviews all squared away & almost done with the CBT. Worked on the simulator for a bit as well. Word of advice with the simulator, keep your eyes moving!! Lol..didnt do so well my 1st run. Sooooo much paper work to fill out!!! But its expected to when you are working for such a huge company. All the employee's at Campus Inn has been very helpful as well as having a sense of humor. They are making it easier for me not to stress out.

Got a little bit of a surprise when I was approached by someone who recommended me to a trainer. I gave him my number for the trainer & was called back within 30 min. Spoke with him & he wants me on his truck!!! Was able to get a trainers name for my husband as well & will be meeting him tomorrow at the Millennium Building!!

Day two will be interesting!

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  9. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Chaos day is over and you are both still there. Remember rest of the week is more of the same but with slightly less rustle.

10. azsteve

azsteve Light Load Member

May 9, 2014
    good luck to you and your wife, I will be watching your experience. I will be going soon from Flagstaff AZ.

11. Butterfly805

Butterfly805 Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Simi Valley, CA
    Hope so but with it being Thanksgiving week they are saying it won't be. We see

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.