Let’s hear the Blitz horror stories

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by otterinthewater, Jun 4, 2019.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Got a level one this morning about 830. He was pretty thorough, I emailed him my logs, full equipment inspection. The one thing he really didn’t check was the steering which is the focus this year. I passed, no violations. I got a sticker on my windshield too.

Rideandrepair, 7-UP, Feedman and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Dang. DOT is going all out. They’ve got a rotator laying trucks on their side to get a really good look at their steering and suspension.

8B9806F4-E306-435D-A16A-8B1B8D0C4973.jpeg

I sincerely hope the driver and everyone is ok.

4. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    Shamrock, TX scale usually checks logs. They run your license plate at 360view system to see what scales you past last 8 days.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    We lucked out. The state started a highway job near us this week and the contractor hired the worst looking bunch of double bottom dumps I've ever seen. I thought trucks like the ones I saw today had been run off the road years ago. I was wrong.
    Different colored fenders, busted windshields, doors held shut with bungee cord, the numbers magic-markered on a piece of cardboard duct taped to the door, at least half of the brake/tail lights inop, four different tread patterns on four different drive tires...all the things that yell out to CHP..."Stop me, I'm driving a piece of junk !" This couldn't have happened at a better time.
    Since we're on the road that's being worked on the CHP asked if they could use our yard for inspections. We told them yes. They also asked if anybody in our company spoke Slavian, Urdu, or Punjabi. We told them no.
    We also told them that if they placed anybody out of service that they'd have 24 hours to either remove the truck or have it towed. CHP said no problem.
    The last time this happened we wound up with some old tractors and bottom dump trailers abandoned in our yard. We filed a derelict vehicle lien and sold the whole bunch for scrap. Paid for the Christmas party that year.

6. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Rest areas near Bellemont, AZ full of trucks. US DOT trailer on the eastbound side today. That area had lots of folks pulled over as well. Many many cruisers working. Plain wrapper nailed construction dump truck coming out of Pilot. Like driving through a hornet nest.

Rideandrepair and QuietStorm Thank this.
  7. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    I love this story.

8. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I got a level 3 at Sioux falls Sunday morning and after that just biz as usual all the way to Tacoma.
    The little scale east of ritzville was open and I could see the guy in the shack eyeballing me and slobbering until he say my truck , carrier and weight then his ##### deflated lol.

9. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    There were inspections going on this morning on CA-118 near Moorpark, CA. Both sides had 3 trucks stopped for inspection.

Rideandrepair and otterinthewater Thank this.
  10. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    They got me for inspection, didn't get a sticker but didn't get a ticket either.

x1Heavy, Rideandrepair and bzinger Thank this.
  11. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.