Longer trip vs difficult back

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Drpparker95, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    When a stop is getting say 70 cases how do you bring them in quickly, yesterday i had two stops like that. I would fill up the u boat and fold out dolly then i would unstack them and then go get the rest

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    I bring in all the cooler stuff together, then 2 liters than 12 packs last because you really can’t scoop the 12 packs too easily.

I don’t use a lay down cart or a U Boat. I use a regular hand truck. I do 10 stacks of 2 liters, 12 stacks of 20 oz and 15 cases (30 indidivual) 12 packs. Pure leaf and kick starts and that stuff is usually 12-15 per trip

4. Dumdriver

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    70 cases would be about 6-7 stacks. Stage it, scan it, then scoop it up and bring it where it has to go. Gotta run, but it goes wuick

5. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    From now on if its half full or more im just stacking them up and not stocking. It takes too long to do everything by the book

Cardfan89 Thanks this.
  6. Dumdriver

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    If a salesman or DM comes behind you and sees the stuff not packed out he may take pictures and send them in to Your boss. Just be careful about that. But yes, you do have to cut some corners. As you get more experienced you’ll figure out which corners you can cut without hearing about it later.

Remember, at this point, it still takes you forever to pick the order. In a couple months you’ll see that you’ll be able to quickly look at your pick list and know exacty what bay everything is loaded in by your 2nd stop. That’ll wil speed things up

7. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    It takes on average 10 minutes to unload the bay unless its like 70 cases then it takes more like 30. My supervisor knows alot of drivers cut corners cause he was a driver and he did it himself

8. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Guys I'd like to thank everyone for the help. Those large stops im just gonna have to stack of the product and work out what's nearly empty and rotate about once a month. Rotating every single time and filling up every single row just takes way too much time

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.