Looking for a change thinking of tanker I live in South Jersey and have 2 years exp in reefer

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by asav24, Feb 13, 2018.

1. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    probably average 1,100-1500 per week,right now they are busy so you should do good..52cpm loaded or empty on the oil side 24 to load and 24 to unload

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LazyKajun

LazyKajun Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Looks like they have lots of new pete 579's with apu on them. Benefits look good too. Never can catch a driver out on the road to ask them about it

4. poppapump1332

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    benefits are very good and cheap too.Yes they have 579 petes,macks and prostars with apu's.The macks pull a lot better but the ride is a little rougher.

5. LazyKajun

LazyKajun Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Looks like the macks pull alot of dry bulk

6. poppapump1332

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    both dry bulk and liquid

7. ttypewe4jim

ttypewe4jim Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018

Sorry to bump such a old thread, but 6nz I see you switched over to quality any particular reasons for doing so? Gonna be finishing up school mid September been talking with SJ and superior already got prehire from Schneider just trying to narrow down my options.

8. Caterpillar6nz

Caterpillar6nz Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2018
    No worries bringing up a old thread...I switched to QC because I wanted to pull tanks, I really wished SJ would have worked out but they kinda bait and switched me. I signed on because we had a deal that I was hired to pull tanks.

Well long story short I kept getting dry van loads and less than 300 mile loads to add insult to injury. So I gave my notice telling them I feel bait and switched and we had a agreement so I moved on. I like SJ the equipment is top notch and can get up and go too. Like always I left on good terms and always have a truck waiting for me if I decide to return. I really enjoy QC I’m paid for everything I do, I get good runs and bonus pay for Canada go in and coming back to the states. I couldn’t ask for a better terminal everyone knows how I like to run and where. Like I tell everyone it’s terminal based. Some terminals are terrible and some are very good we have the work so that’s always a plus.

In closing I wish you the best of luck I don’t know anything about Schneider but I heard there training is great. Same thing with QC I had great trainers and if I ever feel uncomfortable with something,someone wether a driver or my terminal will stop and always help. Good luck once you pull a tank you’ll never pull anything else I should have done this years ago.

ttypewe4jim and PostmanMJC Thank this.
  9. ttypewe4jim

ttypewe4jim Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Thanks for the reply! I really like quality carriers from the guys I deal with now at delaware city.... with the nonene guys are all super nice, just not sure if I will be able to start right away with qc right out of school. On top of that alot of the drivers here complain about the local level dispatch.

10. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    If you ain't complaining about your dispatcher you ain't a truck driver (90% of us can find a reason to complain about them the rest are wayyy past the complaint point or still in the honeymoon period)

ttypewe4jim Thanks this.
  11. Caterpillar6nz

Caterpillar6nz Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2018
    Yeah it depends on the terminal I try to just take the good with the bad and get the bills paid. Sure there are days that absolutely suck but then there are days that are not so bad. You can always try QC and see what they say, I also forgot to mention at SJ the operation team is not driver friendly at all. I never felt like my concerns were addressed in regards to safety and planning. Especially the load planner and dispatcher we just did not get along at all, but the owner is a real stand up gentleman and wants to get know his drivers since he started out as a driver himself. Again not a bad company but it just wasn’t for me pulling vans any help I can be or any questions I will be happy to help you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.