Looking for a job. Keep me from making a mistake.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by red70tvhs, Jun 11, 2018.

1. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    The walls of he's room look like an FBI profilers trying to solve a crime with maps post it notes..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    As sure as TwoMenCuddling.

Aamcotrans and IluvCATS Thank this.
  4. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    tanker endorsement? how is the dairy industry in your area. around here its a big thing with over a dozen carriers specializing in milk hauling. home daily, sub $60K wages, good experience...heavy trucks and 18 speed transmissions. construction dump truck and dump trailer aren't bad places to start either, but depending upon your location that work is often seasonal in nature.

5. red70tvhs

red70tvhs Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Thanks for the quick replies! Yes, I'm a little over an hour from i81 and Bristol VA. I'll look into those asap.
    Dairy doesn't really exist here. It's all coal country. I wouldn't mind driving a coal truck but I've got little experience and probably wouldn't get hired by the local companies.
    TMC advertised home weekly, and the recruiter "confirmed" it. Can't say for sure because I'm not there. Lol.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  6. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    In my opinion TMC is a decent company for a new driver. But with your 1-year old ticket, they might pass on you. Not sure. As far as home weekly, I wouldn’t count on it. I work for a competitor flatbed company. My recruiter was honest but stretched the truth about how often the truck would be routed thru my home town. She said 20% of all the loads go thru my city and I believed it. Not true at all. Oh well. Anyways. See who wants you first. Then come back and say who.

red70tvhs Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Many North Carolina drivers that work for TMC are home weekly.
    Danny Herman Trucking is good if you don't want home weekly. No northeast runs at all and most freight lanes are below I-40. They're based in Mountain City, TN. Lots of Texas and southern California freight.

red70tvhs and IluvCATS Thank this.
  8. red70tvhs

red70tvhs Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2018
    I just left a message with DHT. I got a pop up that they were hiring graduates with a road score of at least 85. I scored an 89 so woo. We'll see what they say. From what I've seen, most companies don't mind for a violation as long as it isn't major and isolated. Within three years, the above ticket I've mentioned is all that I have.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Go to the main page on this site. The truckers report is actually how I found my job. Also If you apply at a company using intelliapp, you won’t have to keep filling in all the categories.

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  10. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Think starting with a different company is abit like buying a new car when you first get it the thing runs very well however after a few months the bugs start showing up and then the repairs start and you wished you still had your old car.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  11. tallmon

tallmon Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Craigslist

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.