Looking to get into crude hauling

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by T.s hobbs, Oct 22, 2018.

1. KENNE1982

KENNE1982 Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2019
    With the way the terrain/ weather is up there this is probably best.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Yea I'm up here now hauling crude... the terrain is way different than OTR...

4. KENNE1982

KENNE1982 Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2019
    How’s the money?

5. silinus vers

silinus vers Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2015
    I work for transwood in hobbs for theses last 2 years, they're not bad, boss is really cool, I net 12-16 a week. But I'm looking for somewhere else just because I'm sick of hobbs.

6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I can't imagine getting sick of Hobbs. lol

7. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I love working here, and I love the weather, but I hate the fact that there's nothing for a single man to do on days off.

8. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I hear you, that place sucked 30 years ago, and I doubt it has gotten any better.
    Back in the 70's there was a bar there called the hub iirc, where the girls weren't always fully dressed, it wasn't a bad for a single man to hang out at. lol

9. silinus vers

Nov 9, 2015
    thats why i'm loosing it, i make good money hauling crude, but i'm sick of the shift work, sick of the h2s, sick of being dirty, so sick of it i'm looking at an OTR job with central oregon, and even I think i'm nuts, but i'm so sick of being here I cant think of another way out. And dispite the worse OTR has to offer, I'm single with no kids and I feel like life isnt supposed to be this boring. and I've been watching some vids on youtube from some OTR drivers and i kinda miss spending the whole day driving, just the stereo going, being alowed to grow a beard, being in shorts and tshirt all day as opposed to FR clothing.and not knowing what tomorrow will bring,
    hell not knowing what the day will bring.
    today is my 39th birthday, and I'll be ###### if hobbs is going to be the last chapter in my book.
    the worse OTR has to offer is at least something different day to day, I miss when my brain had to work. I did more with my life when I was in a different place every day/week with different challenges.
    I cant keep repeating the same day over and over again until i die.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  10. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I hear ya. Would the company you're with let you transfer to another yard somewhere else?
    If I had a family, I'd be perfectly happy here despite Hobbs not having many good restaurants. And it is close to Lubbock, which is a definite plus. But I'm on my way out...

11. silinus vers

Nov 9, 2015
    I miss taking a loads to what ever city, and going to see the zoo or aquariems, or when i went to vegas I saw the circus de solay.
    I havnt done anything since i've been in hobbs because theres nothing to do, and everything like Ruiodoso is to far away

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.