Made a mistake, recieved a traffic violation in PMV while in the process of getting CDL. How bad?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by HastilyDone, Mar 21, 2019.

1. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    Talk to the DA,received a ticket in new york in 2017,sent a letter to the ADA with a copy of clean records and an explanation of what happened.few weeks later i got a letter with a recommendation to the court to lessen the charges,to my surprise the judge dismissed all charges with no prejudice.
    You gotta plead not guilty first

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Gasp

What a crime

Do what this guy says ...

4. HastilyDone

HastilyDone Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2019
    I considered hiring a traffic lawyer with one of those money back guarantees to help me get the ticket dismissed, but the fine print is I don’t get a refund if the lawyer is able to negotiate traffic school. Which if the traffic lawyer fails to get the ticket dismissed, and negotiates school, which is completely open for me, I’d have to end up paying the lawyer AND the courts for something I could just do myself.

5. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Is it speed over 15 or dui? If not you should be ok.

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  6. tseders93

tseders93 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2014
    at the very least I would see if the court will change it to a non moving violation

7. Omega7777

Omega7777 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2018
    get a traffic lawyer and bring it down to a non moving violation. best wsy

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  8. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    I got busted 17 over in Oklahoma in my car while holding a cdl. A couple phone calls and $500 sent that reckless driving charge on a vacation and a taillight (on a brand new car) was found to be not operating.

9. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Offer to pay double if they'll knock it down to an equipment violation.
    Don't accept the moving violation.
    It will haunt you like a drunken night playing with a Ouija board in New Orleans.

10. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I always fight a ticket. It's worth it to fight a ticket simply because your insurance rates go up.

Once, when I was delivering pizzas, I took a shortcut to avoid a traffic circle, and this professional donut gobbler ticketed me for doing so. I pled not guilty and showed up knowing I would lose the case if officer Krispy Kreme showed up. But he didn't, and the charge was dismissed.

If the charge against you is severe enough, I would absolutely hire an attorney.

Hiring an attorney lets the court know that you are willing to play by their rules in their forum and will look upon you more favorably since you have hired someone's golfing buddy... or uh, I mean esteemed colleague.

Seriously though, your legal woes are routine to any experienced traffic attorney and he or she will be able to help.

11. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I have had a redlight ticket dismissed. I talked to the officer before court started and asked him if he could amend my violation to a non moving violation. He said he will see what he could do. When my name was called in court, judge said “Dismissed”.......

BigDog Trucker, Gambosa and austinmike Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.