Makin' the bacon while local tanker yankin'

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by McUzi, Nov 16, 2020.

1. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Thank you all for your kind words, I do appreciate them, every little bit helps.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
  4. Gomer1969

Gomer1969 Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2013
  5. 13 Speed Road Ranger

13 Speed Road Ranger Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2020
    Sir please try and take comfort in the fact many are lifting you & your precious family up to the Lord in prayer. Please keep us updated when you have the chance.

6. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    My wife and I since our son's hospitalization have been overwhelmed with people's outpouring of support, prayers and best wishes. These have come from people we have never met to people we have been intimately close to over the course of our lives.

The kind words from many for my son have helped us in many ways. One of the most amazing facets is that my son's cancer is a reminder that while sometimes I lose hope that people in general suck; there are far more good willed and genuine people that outnumber the excrement craniums.

7. usc7902

usc7902 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2019
    Praying for your family and a full recovery for your son. Take care brother.

8. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @McUzi hows your son health brother.

Lumper Humper, REO6205 and McUzi Thank this.
  9. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    It's been a roller coaster, to use a gross understatement. He began chemotherapy last week and is on a highly aggressive treatment that will likely last for the balance of 2021. Fortunately, doctors are keeping ahead of the side effects with medicines to treat nausea and mouth sores developing. He'll be hospitalized for another month until his immune system can rebuild because he needs to undergo a surgery to remove a fluid drain and possibly install a shunt to drain excess cerebral spinal fluid that is still being produced. Most of the days he sleeps well during the day. When he's up, it's about a 20% amount of time that he's miserable and the rest of his uptime he's smiley and hammy and loves the attention that all the nurses give him on the oncology floor.

But even only a week into aggressive chemotherapy, his MRI today already shows a visible reduction in the cancer that metastasized throughout his brain and spine. This week makes a full month that I haven't worked, having only left the hospital a couple of times to go home to see my other kids that my mother in law has been watching since this.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  10. 13 Speed Road Ranger

13 Speed Road Ranger Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2020
    Thanks for the update brother. Continued prayers.

11. Ronniev1262

Ronniev1262 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2020
    That is very good news! Any reduction is fantastic! Tell your son there are alot of us "truck drivers" out here pulling for him! Sending prayers and good thoughts your way!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.