Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Sorry for the delay. Was driving all day and forgot to do this on my 30.

Yes the pin is the docks. Go up that side street (Bob Masia Dr) and turn left in there and sight side back around the corner of the building. If you get/got there tonight just pick your door, put the BOL in the tail and back into the dock. They will start on you in the AM.

From my experience the 2 docks closest to the building are usually open and the one furthest out usually has a class B truck docked.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Yeah this is the place I thought it was. Pain in the balls to get backed into but I'm on the dock with some help from another Millis driver that was already here. When I was here before it was easier because I took the outside dock. That wasn't an option tonight so I'm on the inside dock. I do not remember there being a ditch between the driveway and the woods before.

This place kinda sucks. Lol

4. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Yeah the only good thing about it is being able to dock, go to sleep and they just start unloading in the morning without bothering you. I do not recall a ditch there either. Been awhile since I was there.

5. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Wow, Heidelberg in Columbus is pretty tight. With every single one of there trucks in the lot.

6. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Picked up in Weedsport. Delivering in Liverpool. ALL the miles.

I'd not delivered to this warehouse in the back. I get here and the Millis driver that's already here tells me I can back in before I check on. So I do that. Millis driver was wrong and the guy was kind of a dick about it. Not really sure why it matters at a place like this. Whatever.

7. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    AL George?

8. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Yeah

9. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Lol, I had a load that was supposed to be delivered to Saratoga springs on Saturday 7 am. I was told I could deliver it Friday at 2 pm. Show up on Friday at 1, told shipping clerk I had 2pm appt. He couldn’t find it, I told him it was originally a sat. 7 am appt. He told me that he would appreciate it from now on if I wouldn’t lie to him about my appt time.

10. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Some of these people enjoy being insufferable pricks. I think it's the only joy they get out of life.

IH Truck Guy and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  11. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    So I pull out of Baldwinsville with 47,205 in the box. I think 47,500 is the max we tell our customers we can haul, right?

I pull on the scale and go inside. My drives were 33,760 and my trailer was 33,700. Shipping guy asks me if I was okay with my weights. All I could do was laugh and say "I don't think I have much choice!"

It's amazing how different the typical 44-45k Miller loads feel compared to this.

MIT Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.