My husband's experience with CR England school at Salt lake City

Discussion in 'CR England' started by newtruckerwife84, Mar 17, 2013.

1. AchioteCoyote

AchioteCoyote Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2011
    West Jordan, Utah
    Based upon what knowledge?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Spending 4.5 years with England as a "trainer" I know that CRE would only send in your driving test but delay the skills test paperwork. I would tell students only quit once you have your hard copy license.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I'm sure a lot of wannabe's will benefit from this thread .
    Does this mean if they don't complete Phase 2 they don't get a CDL ?

5. newtruckerwife84

newtruckerwife84 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2013
    O Kean, Arkansas
    I also read another thread about CRE and he said Phase 2 could take up to 90 days?! Is that true? Why? So they can try to persuade the new driver to do the lease? I also want to know what RickG asked. Hubby is doing very well on the road and he's been driving a lot. According to his trainer he is doing good. Will he have a shorter Phase 2 if he does really well? I know from another post the trainer can hold the student back if they aren't getting something very well. It was my understanding CRE has to send everything to get the license switched within 60 days because after that it'll expire. Should he call them and ask when everything should be sent in and maybe try to get them to send it sooner rather than later? What about the money they said they would reimburse him for having to get a hotel room? I don't expect he will ever see any of that :(

6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Personal experience ... In California you normally get your license in 30 days or less ... I still didn't have mine after 40 days ... went to DMV during Phase 1 upgrade, DMV said paperwork hadn't been sent yet, said that CRE always holds it up.

7. JustinWaterboro

JustinWaterboro Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Porter, ME
    Not sure about others but when I was with CRE and did my stuff in Indiana it went as follows:
    1) took all written tests to get CDL @ the Indiana DMV (passed all) and got permit
    2) took CDL driving test passed, went back to DMV and got my Temp paper CDL (told hard copy will be mailed to POR)
    3) hard-copy CDL arrived @ POR before even finishing Phase 1
    4) did Phase 1 (30 days) did Phase 2 ( 45 days)
    5) went company for 6 months...then quit
    6) got hired on @ Schneider as company making more $, getting Home without even having to ask, treated better. etc...

8. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    Several do do research here and the believe the one clown that has positive feedback about those crooks while telling the dozens that warn against it that they're wrong.

RickG Thanks this.
  9. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    You mean, that's trucking now. Didn't used to be that way.

10. newtruckerwife84

newtruckerwife84 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2013
    O Kean, Arkansas
    We should have searched for more info before he decided. We checked their website and youtube. I didn't find this place until just recently but it did teach us to be very careful about the other companies he is interested in and also not to trust what they put on their website or what the recruiter tells you.

11. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.