My Journey with Superior Carriers

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by XtremeFitness, Apr 15, 2014.

1. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Wrecker companies have been making a ton of money since 2007 when the EGR engines came out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. '10YOTAtaco

'10YOTAtaco Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Carolina

Any idea what that guy makes in 8 hours?
    Sorry to hear about the breakdown.
    What was broken?
    Are you driving solo now/finished with training?

4. XtremeFitness

XtremeFitness Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Not sure what he makes per hour but I know it's good.
    coolant leak and lost power cause the truck wont Regen.
    I will be solo after I finish my week of training in Greer which starts on the 16th.

5. '10YOTAtaco

Jan 17, 2014
    Carolina
    Awesome, man. Good luck. I'm down to 216 from 235 in April. Thanks. Keep everyone up-to-date, if you can.

6. '10YOTAtaco

Jan 17, 2014
    Carolina

How does the pay break down? i.e. mileage @$.40 and hourly rate? How does tank pay work? My current trainer worked at TWT(Tidewater) for years. I'm starting with a "regional LTL company" and they pay me well. How does your pay get calculated?
    What is the hourly rate? When do you get paid the hourly rate? It sounds like a great company.

7. XtremeFitness

Feb 22, 2014
    .47 loaded .40 empty. $15.50 per hour for breakdown, layover. $20 to load/unload anything that takes more than two hours goes into hourly.
    Congrats on the weight loss keep it up.

GearWarrant Thanks this.
  8. '10YOTAtaco

Jan 17, 2014
    Carolina
    You get your own truck yet? I saw another one broke down around Maxton, NC the other day. I thought "dang, I might know that dude, and he was OK for New Jersey people".
    You finished training the other day, didn't you?

edit: Sorry we didn't stop to help. My trainer wanted to get to the next Iron Skillet. He's all about fitness and personal health.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    geargrinder Thanks this.
  9. XtremeFitness

Feb 22, 2014
    So Friday I was finally assigned my own truck (3297)! I delivered a load early Saturday in Milledgeville, GA. I leave tomorrow for Kankakee. Everything has been going great with Superior. I was released on my own a month ago after my week of training in Greer. It is great being on regular pay. I will try to update weekly.

wsyrob and realsupatrucka Thank this.
  10. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Kool man. System is pretty good. You should do alright money wise. Have fun out there and be safe.

XtremeFitness Thanks this.
  11. XtremeFitness

Feb 22, 2014
    I started the current trip on the 21st for a Kankakee run from Mauldin, SC. Was laid over in Markham after delivery waiting on dispatch. Got a call asking if I wanted to load and deliver to Arizona so I said yes. It took 10 hours to load...got on the road got about 1300 miles into the trip when I lost 4,5,9 & 10th gears! I made it to the customer for delivery Monday the 28th (driving in 8th) backed into the spot and when I jumped out I noticed I had a oil leak! Oil leak finally fixed and now I am waiting on word from International about the transmission. Of course I have to breakdown when it's 112 degrees here in Phoenix,AZ. Hopefully I am on the road by the weekend.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.