My new adventure with PTL

Discussion in 'PTL' started by DenaliDad, Jul 10, 2015.

1. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

You must have one of the new Evolution Tripacs. Very neat. Mine doesn't look like that.

And, of course, I've forgotten how to insert a photo. Grrrr.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    DD...why are you paying for idle air when you can idle your truck...if your truck wont idle ptl should at least reimburse you for it..everywhere i have worked paid for idle air if my tripac didnt work..even gordon

4. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Just spoke with my son in law and he is on his way to laredo with his trainer..

Crayze, Big Ugly and DenaliDad Thank this.
  5. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Brrrrr! I'm cold....
    image.jpg

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  6. DenaliDad

I was in Joplin last night and did idle because of the temp/humidity, mostly to see if the PTL trucks idle without restriction. Mine did and I won't get penalized because they know my APU is inop...oh, how they know!

I also wanted to see if my aversion to it still holds up. It does. I turned the truck off in the night, opened the window, and turned my trusty fan on. You have no idea how much I hate idling. Paying $50 for two good nights sleep is well worth it.

7. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Cant believe ttr hasnt removed that pic off you ### joseph

joseph1135 and Cranky Yankee Thank this.
  8. DenaliDad

I have a load that came from Laredo and is heading to Indy. That's a good thing because one of their APU fix-it shops is there. Maybe I'll be lucky. I want to shiver like Joe...!

9. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    You will get the bugs worked out of it DD...about the time they give you a new one

10. DenaliDad

I'll know that's going to happen when I get a load to or near Nashville. My guess is sooner rather than later...

11. Big Ugly

Big Ugly Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2014
    North Carolina
    Just a tip. In case you haven't been told that is.

It's up to your fleet manger to get you to a shop to have your APU fixed. But you can make it happen quicker. If you have the Trucker Path Pro app, look up any Thermo King dealer. Doesn't matter where but if along your route that's even better. Call that shop & make sure it charges to national accounts for repairs. Then call road service & tell them you are going there to have your APU fixed. They'll call the shop & let them know & all you have to do is check in when you get there. No forms to sign or anything. Just get the APU fixed & you're own your way.

All of that being said Buck is the service tech @ Indianapolis & he drives the service truck around the city fixing our equipment. See him @ the drop lot, he's there during most business days, & he'll see to it that any repairs you need get done 100%. Paul's Truck Repair, right there @ the drop lot, is our primary service shop for Indy. Good luck.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.