My Prime INC Experience. (A Running Log)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JimmyBones, Mar 4, 2013.

1. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2011
    Baxley, GA
    No road test. Just the sim lab.

Boy Howdey Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    You don't know what you are getting into until you work for a company, Trust me...

I have seen a lot of guys come here on the TTR with more enthusiasm than should be allowed, TTR has cheerleaders and Kamikazi Ex-Drivers. Personally, I believe everything you read here, the good, the bad and the ugly is mostly half-truths.

The only sure way to find out if you and the company is a good fit is to see it up close and in person. But, before you commit, I suggest you talk with company driver in person (eye to eye) at a truck stop near you...or on the road. If not, keep in mind, that the Road to Hell is paved with good intentions.....

I am not judging the company as much as I am warning you to do what is called due diligence, and get the truth before it's too late, you can always refuse an offer before they hire you and know you were the one who was making the choice without some form of coercion from a recruiter.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    TokyoJoe and piermechanic38365 Thank this.
  4. JimmyBones

May 14, 2011
    Baxley, GA
    Nothing in this thread is recruiter material or misrepresentation. It is only what I have experienced.

Prime has never lied to me, and the good has outweighed the bad. I recommend the company, but we are NOT for everybody, and not everybody will be admitted.

5. DustyRoad

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    Another loyal Prime driver......whorrah!

Prime is not the worst or the best, but at least you admit, they are not for everyone...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    piermechanic38365 Thanks this.
  6. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

they are not for everyone...:biggrin_25524: What company is ? People can find faults / problems , dislikes with every prospective employer some will work at making it work others give up and move on

7. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Getting a super single flat replaced on my trailer near Jolly Texas on the 287.

Prime got right on it. This is the third road assist I have needed in the past two weeks and they have taken care of business right away.

8. JimmyBones

May 14, 2011
    Baxley, GA
    They're usually not the issue. The people they contact usually are.

Bumper Thanks this.
  9. DustyRoad

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    It's a great place to get a CDL...

10. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

I know , have a couple drivers that trained with PRIME then spent a few years as company drivers and both are well trained drivers and never once where they enticed to LEASE a TRUCK

11. piermechanic38365

piermechanic38365 Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2014
    my biggest complaints with prime were hometime and the fact that the driver had to pay for their equipment. i mean if im driving your truck, pulling your loads, and im not leasing, then why should a flatbedder have to pay for the tarps and what not? what happens when you get in a situation where you have to have a trailer swap and you have a load with a crap ton of securment, coil racks, tarps,etc on the load? do they pay you to retarp it? if i pay for my equipment, theres no way i would want to let it go.......you never know what condition the materials you receive in the swap will be....... over all if prime had gotten me home once a week, even if for just a 10, i would have stuck around. there was no reason why they couldnt have considering the route i was on

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.