My Prime INC Experience. (A Running Log)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JimmyBones, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    The last time I had "excellent health benefits" was about 1984... when I worked for McDonnell Douglas Astronautics. Since then it's been increasing costs for less benefit. Count yourself extremely lucky, because having a company pay all of the cost is extremely rare.

BTW... fuel prices have more to do with supply (it's been getting tighter) and demand (going way up) causing prices to rise, than with who or which party has controlled the White House. If your assertion was correct, all of the other countries in the world would be out for his head.

Starboyjim Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Drew352

Drew352 Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Leesburg,fl
    Like ip said since this wkend is Labor Day wkend n ppl will be traveling I've notice at 15-20cent increase in gas this week versus last wk...

4. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    there is an energy boom in this country
    oil companies have solved the oil shortage with innovation and have been been hiring in spite of obama throught his career.
    the current regime has blocked drilling on federal lands. blocked pipeline construction and regulated up prices.
    in the north west democrats blocked timber harvesting on state and federal lands. local governments have been propped up with payments from federal tax revenue and the timber is going to go up in a huge blaze

5. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    So... you're saying that the oil companies (the guys with more bucks than pretty much everybody) are knuckling under to some political hack? LOL! If they are extracting for $50 a barrel... you won't see that price since they can sell it on the world market for $110. You think they're fools or what?

Freezer Burn Thanks this.
  6. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    i think theyre great paying high school grads over 100k a year to work on rigs and drive trucks at north dakota. if they werent managing their biz on PRIVATE land so good we would be in bad shape
    . our industries want to come back and run their plants on cheap natural gas inspite of obama
    if we dont export natural gas it will be too cheap to produce so the lefties are blocking building terminals on the left coast.
    obamas redline and muslim brotherhood have been keeping prices up lately but american industry will make opec impotent once we get regime change

7. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2011
    Baxley, GA
    Let's go ahead and get off the politics please. Fuel costs are on the rise, whatever the reason.

Speaking of fuel, I went back to SPRIMO to get some work done, and some numbskull left a pry bar in my engine compartment above the wheel well, and closed it in.

It fell behind the firewall and pierced my fuel tank. Now I'm down for the count. Stuck on breakdown at campus with a nasty chest cold.

8. acido22

acido22 Light Load Member

May 11, 2013
    Saddle creek lakeland florida,just started converting their fleet to natural gas. They dont have a big fleet but is 450 trucks

9. bigred81

bigred81 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    I've been dealing with a nasty chest cold myself, unable to do much more then attempt to sleep because my balance seems to be off. I would love to know how you guys handle things like that when you are on the road.

10. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Depends on if you're mench enough to drive through it. Talked to Silent Eagle last night... he's got the same crud, and is half way through a 1200-mile solo load.

11. cmflyer

cmflyer Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Jimmybones....tell me about primes fuel bonus as a Co driver
    how does it work ?
    what does it pay ?.................if you don't mind

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.