My wife and I are finally going to training for C. R. England

Discussion in 'CR England' started by Karasu1982, Dec 1, 2009.

1. rondroid

rondroid Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Ellensburg, WA
    Yeah, my wife and I ran team for England since my last post. Stayed for 6 months and told them to go fly a kite. Then we went to Marten Transport, another bottom feeder. Ever since Tim Kohl of Knight Transportation took over at Marten it has gone downhill. None of these big companies give a crap about drivers. I'm turning in my Marten truck in a couple days and telling them to piss up a tree.
    So, at this point I have a little over a year of OTR experience, no tickets, no accidents, no CSA, nada, but I guess that doesn't mean anything with the trucking gods. Wife quit a couple months back and told Marten to go screw itself. Randy Marten is an ### too.
    Have a really good job offer at home that starts at $25 an hour. I will occasionally haul heavy equipent on a low-boy. What a screwed-up year it's been. -= ron

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. caframr

caframr Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Fremont,indiana
    I would just like to say "Thank You" to everyone that posted on this thread. The information presented is very much appreciated. I gained alot of insight. For what it is worth you aided one wannabe. I almost stepped in it. I will keep looking.

AfterShock and notarps4me Thank this.
  4. rondroid

rondroid Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Ellensburg, WA
    As a final note.
    If you are planning to go to CR England - it can be done.
    My wife and I both did it and completed everything.
    The training was good but more time with shifting and backing might have been helpful. In some ways it kinda reminded me of going through bootcamp. After we finished stuff we stayed on for 6 months and then we properly turned our truck.
    Since we did not lease we actually made a little money, not much though, and we were able to survive. Then we went to Marten but I already ranted about that.

Out of all the people we went through school with (90 students) there were only about 8 of us left after 6 months. All the ones that tried the lease thing failed.

If you go to England, do not lease, stay on as a company driver.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.